• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    If I had the money, I'd get the Ruger. But I got a Heritage Rough Rider, which is very similar, for around $200.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don't have a .22 six shooter, but I do have a Ruger New Vaquero (45 Colt). I compared it heavily with the Uberti (which was much less expensive). The craftsmanship of the Ruger was so superior, I just couldn't go with the Uberti. This is in no way meant to impugn Uberti--I know nothing about the company, but I was told they were high quality for the price.

Go with the Ruger.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have a Ruger single six and Blackhawk 357. I also have an Uberti SAA clone in 45 Colt. the uberti is a nice gun but it is no Ruger. Having both I would recommend the Ruger over the two mentioned.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    I collect and shoot both Ruger and Uberti single actions. Nothing wrong with Uberti guns they make some nice ones. For a .22 Caliber however I would go with the Ruger. Unless you just have to have a new gun, lot's of nice used Single six's and even convertables with the 22 Mag Cyl. in the $275-$350.00 range out there. Just make sure if you buy one with the 22 Mag Cylinder, it matches the gun. The last three digits of the gun will be electro scribed on the face of the cylinder meaning it was factory fit to the frame. Another tidbit of info is get the Single Six with adjustable rear sight.

FFEMT

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Madison Co.
    I'd have to go with Ruger. The craftsmanship is awesome. It's a smooth single six that just feels right. Very accurate too! Fun too shoot but heck any gun is fun to shoot, at least once!

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Just remember that Ruger Has a cast frame. Not a forging. Just a reminder to stir the pot with all the babble over cast frames:):

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    that shouldnt even be a question. Ruger all the way and it is made in the USA. Stay away from foreign guns whenever possible.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I think the Ruger for a number of reasons. One of the questions that occurred to me when I was considering your post is do both pistols allow you to safely carry a round under the hammer? I know the modern Rugers do, but does the Uberti?

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    Not close, get the Ruger Single Six with adjustible sights. Shot a lot of rounds with no problems, made like a Tank.

Top Bottom