• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I was looking at the Ruger P-95 pistols and was curious what kind of opinions the INGO community has about them? They seem to be a fairly solid pistol from sight but I have never shot one or tested for reliability. Can anyone give me some opinions on how they have shot for them or how durable and grade of quality? Also, have you had any issues at all with reliability or any ammo issues with the pistol? I want any positive or negative opinions.

Thanks!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It is a good gun. It is pleasant to shoot and fairly accurate. Plus, I think the bi-tone looks really cool. If you look close the metal and plastic are kinda rough on the inside though, so it's not a beauty queen. It is tough and a gun you won't worry about getting dirty.

Greeper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    My wife loves hers...I don't love to clean it...I'd rather clean my G-19 twice than hers once. Nice to shoot though.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Owned one for about a decade as my nightstand piece. They are a tank and very reliable. Ate everything at the range, WWB, Blazer, Federal bulk, PD HP. Not the prettiest girl at the dance, but she'll dance, and well, every time.

Forgot to mention.... I did have the spring retainer clip pop off the guide rod once on a field strip. I called Ruger, they sent me two inside a couple days. Only issue I ever had and it didn't affect function when assembled.

Last edited:

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    That was my first handgun and I still own it. I've shot thousands through it and never had any problems. A great gun for sure.

Knuckle Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    NWI
    Get it, you won't regret it...:cheers:

...it too was my first. I've seen people post here on INGO about the trigger and how it isn't the best, well what did you expect for the price. By the way I like the trigger and the appeal matters only to the person squeezing it, so if you get a chance to test it out ,go for it.

I saw this article posted by INGO member -cwillour- in January, check it out. GunWeek.com

Last edited:

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Mine has been excellent for the 7 years and countless rounds I have had it for. As others have said, it's not the most elegant or gorgeous 9 out there, but it's solid and has never given me any problems at all. In fact, it's currently the only 9mm pistol I still own.

I don't think you will be disappointed.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I have owned one for just over a year, It is a bit bulky but otherwise you couldn't beat it. Ambi safety and mag eject, a good trigger, at least combat accurate and a large capacity mag.
    I would caution that the grip is large but if you're looking at them you already knew that.

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have the two tone finish version and have had it for nearly a decade. I have the P95DC or decocker style. I was thinking about selling/trading on this website, but I took it to the range one more time to help me make my mind up and fired 50 rounds.

It feels great in the hand, recoil is very manageable, sighting system isn't bad and mine is accurate for me. It is too big for me to carry concealed nowadays since I have been carrying compact weapons.

I couldn't bear the thought of being separated from my P95 and decided against selling or trading at this time. I'm still emotionally attached to it.

I've probably put several thousand rounds through it with rarely a problem. The only time I had a malfunction with it was after firing several hundred rounds through it and it started seizing up due to lack of lubrication. A quick disassembly and lube job got it back to firing flawlessly.

I would recommend the gun.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    If you run out of bullets you can beat them with the cast iron slide :-) . It also might make a good hammer in a pinch. All joking aside, as stated, I think it's a pretty good deal for the price. Double action is one of the heaviest trigger pulls ever, single action is pretty smooth and easy on mine.

Oh, and a Hogue Universal rubber slide-on grip does fit, you just have to pull real hard.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    built like a tank but very thick and very uncomfortable to carry, just to heavy.

Great truck gun also will not rust for a long time...

happyfiero

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Campbellsburg IN.
    I bought one for the family to teach basic handgun safety.
    its a p95 9mm
    Im not a big fan.
    Its well built ,goes Bang every time , have 16 rnd mag
    But the trigger kills it, for me.
    Its like a old cap gun trigger LOL
    and its far from a tack driver . If I can hold a 8in. at 10 yard its a good day.

For 300 buck or so Its worth the money.
    I still have mine .
    90951.jpg

Top Bottom