• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I bought one of the first P-85 models that hit the shelf. Kept it at least 10 years.

I never sent it in for the recall. It ALWAYS ran. It ate any ammo. Not much you could do to trick out the trigger, which felt like a revolver trigger. Not much you could do about the grips, but it was not like the factory grips had anything wrong with them. The sights were middle of the road, but nothing was wrong with them. Accuracy was pretty good. Nothing tricky about shooting it, it ran fine even for a limp wristed new shooter. I guess there was no "WOW" factor.

It was like owning a MR. Coffee. You bought it and used it. Reliable but you hardly notice it when you turn it on in the morning. You never were in a big hurry to brag you had it, you never showed it off. Your friends never went ohh and awe when they saw it. They just run and run and run. If you left it dirty or kept it clean it did not really matter. I bought a P-90 that was the same story.

They were so good and such a good value, they were boring. I wish I still had it.

Agree with everything you wrote. After going to the "P" series Sigs, I still keep the P85 around to shoot ammo of questionable origin. The thing is a tank. Somewhere (to lazy to look it up) there was a magazine article about P85 durability. Might have been the "American Rifleman". Around 1986 or so.

UNCLE HARLEY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    Kendallville
    Everyone is in love with the gun THEY own. Doesn't matter what brand, it's the best. The more they spent on it, the better it is. If you outshoot them it's luck. If they win, it's skill & that awsome gun. Same thing with rifles, cars & girlfriends.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    face it, I just like RugerPistols, old or new...
    main.php

I like the revolvers too but lack a picture of them yet...

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    I had a P95 DAO that I sold here a few years ago. It was my nightstand gun for the better part of 2 decades and ate all sorts of ammo without a hiccup.
    I switched away for a common format with my carry piece. I don't regret selling it, but I always trusted it and would have another any time.
    Not the prettiest girl at the dance and a long trigger pull that took a bit of practice, but dead reliable.

Top Bottom