• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    A little bulky, not the prettiest gun in the world, but will fire when you pull the trigger, reasonably accurate and will last a very long time and not cost you an arm and a leg. What more could you ask for from a firearm?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I inherited my fathers P89DC once he passed away... besides needing a new finish and the decocker lever being a little flaky, the thing is a tank, fires every time, doesn't care what diet you feed her, and can be ridden hard and put away wet and never complains.... now, she is a little big-boned, and not a pin-up girl, but she will do right by you every time, forever.

fenderpbass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Evansville
    C

I have a Ruger P95DC and I really like it. It is not a great concealed carry pistol. Great in a field holster. Mine has the stippling on the grips. Easier to handle like that. Came with 2-15rd mags.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    It's my favorite "P"

Why? It's DC only. I don't like safeties "that go up", but the "decocker only" is pretty natural for me and no safety to worry about when it's time to shoot.

The other thing I like is the hand filling grip.

I'd like to have one, problem is there's other stuff I'd like more.

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    I have 2 p95's and one p90. all of them tanks. I was using them for regular carry because they out capacitied my 1911's on the magazines. After I got my glock22, I retired them to the pistol box. Can't complain about any of them.

canamscott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    LaGrange County
    I was thinking about getting one and got to try a friend's gun at the range. I was impressed with the accuracy. I feel the double stack frame is too large for conceal carry, but for the price and accuracy they are a deal. I believe they are American made also.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Pretty well echoing what everyone else has said. It's a tank that is a fantastic gun for the money. Little big and bulky, but if you can deal with that, it's a fine pistol.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    well it was good to see that it didnt get slammed as i had picked one up sunday and had never shot one before. i had looked at them several times but came upon this very good deal off another site. still looking for all input,pro and con alike thanks INGO, great site

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Built like a tank and reliable!

While not a DC model, the P95 was my first handgun I ever purchased and I still own it.
    A little bulky, but that can depend on each individual opinion. Bottom line it is a very reliable handgun at a good price. My :twocents:

Haggis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    I have a stainless P95DC that I got to keep in my shop so I would have a gun there even if I didn't carry one from the house. I chose it because it was the least expensive stainless handgun that I could find at the time, that was from a manufacturer that I was familiar with.

It has since become one of my favorite pistols. It has been 100% reliable and I just like it for no particular reason. I have a couple pistols that I prefer to carry instead of the more bulky Ruger, but none that I like shooting more.

IndianaBuckeye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2011
    You'll never regret getting a P series Ruger! I have a KP89DC (stainless) and it is a complete tank. I have gotten guff from other guys... until they shoot it... they always say that they like it as much, or more, than their pistol that cost a TON more. I have blasted thousands of rounds through mine without a hitch.
    On a fun note, you can get high capacity mags too. :ar15:

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    A big , square blocky gun but always works, I bought one new back in 1992-93, I think it was 299 if I recall...kept it a couple years, no coplaints actaully other than the size..

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I have 5 P95DCs and 2 P89DCs. All of the above are true - eats ANYTHING, utterly reliable, easy to clean and care for, great for OC, can use the MecGar flush fit mags to give you 17+1 capacity (never had a problem with aftermarket mags either), interchanges with the PC9, half as expensive and twice as reliable compared to most platforms. Most recent acquisition was less that $200, including shipping and FFL.

Get it you won't regret it.

Top Bottom