• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFEMT

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Madison Co.
    Just thought I'd share ny thoughts on the Ruger Single Six. Just bought the gun about a month ago. Took it to the range the second day I owned it and was very impressed!! So impressed that I sometimes carry it for my daily carry. Much much different than my M&P9! This is my first Ruger! My uncle is a big Ruger lover and talked me into getting the single six. I was really impressed with the .22 mag and now I carry critical defense ammo in it and wouldn't think twice about using it! I found that it's not the quickest gun to unload and reload but it's fun all around. Very accurate too. I had heard that the sights were off when you switched to the mag cyclinder but I didn't have that problem. Great looking gun too! You get the western look and feel right off! I checked the CN and it dates it between 1990-1991. I bought it from a guy who had shot it once with the LR cyclinder in it and then put it away for safe keeping. The grips, cyclinders, and the gun is in excellenct condition!! I'll be keeping this little bad boy to pass down to the kids later on! In the mean time I'm going to get accurate in using it...my uncle wants to go to the range for a friendly shooting match soon. Dual it out with the Single Six's! Would like to hear some feed back from some other Hoosier Single Six owners!! :draw:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    They are a great gun. i learned to shoot a revolver on my dads, back when i was 8. He still has his, I believe. whole family shot it.

It will last a number of generations.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I've owned a Single Six 25 years now. Great gun. It is what both my sons have learned to shoot a handgun on. It is very accurate and will become one of your favorites.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    My Single Six was my first handgun, over 25 years ago. Will never get rid of it. Mine is very accurate and I have used it to hunt squirrel with quite a bit of success. Started with the Single Six now have a Super Blackhawk 44 mag and a Blackhawk 357 mag. Ruger single actions are very addictive.

trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    down right fun to squirrel hunt with
    squirrel.png

FFEMT

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Madison Co.
    The thing is I see people out there paying $300..325+ for just the gun and the LR cylinder and that's just flat out wrong. Don't get me wrong I know everyone has to make a little money but come on! Yes I know inflation and the mad dash because of politics but what happened to down right honesty??!!

Chapparal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    B'town
    Dirty trick: I threw some brass onto the floor and called my buddy over. Bet him I could send then one piece of brass down range with one shot. He took me on. I pulled out the SAA .22LR and sent the brass down range. Tossed one out and handed it to him. Took him two shots. Joke was then on me. I had the first shot with ratshot, he did his two with regular rounds. Ah well....

Oh, yeah, love the SAA .22s!!!!

Top Bottom