• johnx2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Hi there
    I have a Ruger SR 1911 and love it.
    But I was told but a gun dealer that there a recall and/or the barrel is cracking on them. Does anyone here know about this?
    Thanx for reading

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    ALWAYS always ALWAYS take gunshop advice/info with a grain of salt.

Not much googling led me to Ruger's "safety announcement" website.

Look for yourself if there's a recall. The manufacturer's website is always the best place to look for that kind of information.

Ruger Safety Announcements

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    If there is one thing Ruger does well, and has a lot of practice at, it's issuing a recall. If it has happened it will be on their site, and if you sent in anything in the original box that looked like a registration or warranty card, they will mail you personally.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Recalls with gun issues are something all makers take seriously, and are put out immediatley.
    Too much risk with an injury or death lawsuit not too, and being a firearm it's even worse on the blackeye as compared to vehicle recalls.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Ruger puts the "R" in recal. I'm not trying to bash them because I love their revolvers, but they don't have a goo track record in recent years of releasing a new product without having a recall. There's a lot of Rugers out there I'd like to buy, but I won't until a couple years after it's been released and the bugs have been worked out. Not trying to hate, but it is what it is. I don't know if they have an official recal, but it really wouldn't surprise me at all.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    If there is one thing Ruger does well, and has a lot of practice at, it's issuing a recall. If it has happened it will be on their site, and if you sent in anything in the original box that looked like a registration or warranty card, they will mail you personally.

As you go through life,
    There are three rules that never bend,
    Never whittle toward yourself,
    Never **** against the wind,
    And never buy a Ruger until after the first recall. :D

Seriously, Ruger makes great guns but it seems like they have a recall on every single gun that they bring out.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Not that it will do much to correct the perception being propagated here, but Ruger has had 2 recalls in the last 20 years- the LCP in 2009 and the SR9 in 2007-8. Even two is too many, but you will find few manufacturers that have produced as many new models in that time and Ruger has been very good in handling those recalls smoothly.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    "Thank you Mr. Obvious"! I think some of them absorb the BS customers carry in through the door. :dunno:

Thanks for the recall info, pudly. You may have prevented some of the above! :rolleyes:

No problem. I'm here to help.

Oh, and I prefer.... "Dr. Obvious" please, I obviously didn't go through 8 yrs. of medical school to be a Mr.

johnx2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Tell ya how I feel about. The guy working at the gun shop needs to be more informed be for running the mouth. I took the gun back to my local range and ran about a 100 rounds though it. No problem :)

TheBigE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    I know there are issues with them as they are made out of 99% unobtanium. I don't know if it is parts quality or what.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    recalls are bad Pr. I hate ruger. but would rather have a company tell me they effed up than let me keep going with a bad product. VW gets a bad rep becuase they have more recalls than many other manufactures. doesn't mean they have worse vehicles, but it could mean they are more willing to admit fault than other car makers

johnx2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Shelbyville
    Got an e-mail from Ruger today. They say there is no problem reported, with the SR 1911
    And no production stopage. They are shipping orders daily. To meet the high deman for this pistol
    But again thanx eveone.

Top Bottom