• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cujo71321

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The Ruger SR1911 is an excellent gun, but worth waiting around for the prices to drop. I always wanted a dressed out Harley Davidson, and refused to pay more than list price for one. Eventually, factory stock caught up with demand. I bought a 2009 Electra Glide Ultra Classic new for $2500 less than list price! I say wait on it... the market will catch up, and the prices will eventually drop.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    With much anticipation goes much disappointment. I hope this is not the case. I have wanted one of these since they have been introduced. Eagerly awaiting your range report; yet tonight by chance?

I did note that Hickok45 slobbered over his for the entirety of his reviews. Have not seen one recently to know if he still feels that way.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    With much anticipation goes much disappointment. I hope this is not the case. I have wanted one of these since they have been introduced. Eagerly awaiting your range report; yet tonight by chance?

I did note that Hickok45 slobbered over his for the entirety of his reviews. Have not seen one recently to know if he still feels that way.

Good point, but I haven't read anything bad yet. And I can pretty much follow Hickok45's word as gold IMO. I am a big fella too. :whistle:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana

I think this sums it up well. Haven't seen many Ruger 1911s, but the one I have seen that has issues, it has issues.

The chamber was so poorly reamed that after you fired a round through it and collected the brass, you could see rings the entire length of the case from the chamber. The extractor is way too long and dented the hell out of the case, and this also caused the round not to be seated perfectly and when fired bowed the back of the case a bit.

Ruger rebarreled it, and claims they shaved the extractor but it still dings the case pretty good. But, they probably used the same old barrel link because the firing pin isn't hitting the primer dead center (fairly high) and it shoots about a foot low and 6" left at 20 yards.

All of them I've picked up had a good amount of play between the slide and frame too.

I personally haven't been that impressed with a Ruger 1911 but oh well...

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I think this sums it up well. Haven't seen many Ruger 1911s, but the one I have seen that has issues, it has issues.

The chamber was so poorly reamed that after you fired a round through it and collected the brass, you could see rings the entire length of the case from the chamber. The extractor is way too long and dented the hell out of the case, and this also caused the round not to be seated perfectly and when fired bowed the back of the case a bit.

Ruger rebarreled it, and claims they shaved the extractor but it still dings the case pretty good. But, they probably used the same old barrel link because the firing pin isn't hitting the primer dead center (fairly high) and it shoots about a foot low and 6" left at 20 yards.

All of them I've picked up had a good amount of play between the slide and frame too.

I personally haven't been that impressed with a Ruger 1911 but oh well...

You may be right on, it's like a mythical beast I can't catch though. I'd like to play with one, although I don't see that happening either.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Because Whitakers is one of the largest volume sellers in the country. The gun makers take care of him...especially Ruger.

but is whitakers any bigger than davidsons, ellett brothers, zanders? wholesalers who also get limited stock? i know they are a huge shop, i live 45 mins away(and work in henderson kentucky)i have been there many time's, if they got 60 sr1911's in two weeks, thats not a fair trade practice, ruger supports this shop, but not that shop?:dunno:

btw whitakers got 2 ruger comanders on friday, put them up for sale saturday for 629. each(yep sold them both that day)

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Got it home!

IMG_0615_zps68ec712b.jpg
    IMG_0612_zps50494a66.jpg

All cleaned up and ready to go. Very happy with the fit and finish, just hope it shoots as well.:D Range day tomorrow, weather permitting. I need to fire this one plus a Remington Enhanced and an Ed Brown.:rockwoot:

D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    I did not know they were still hard to get !Several months ago I was looking for one
    And my local shop didnt have any so I bought
    A Remington about a month later I traded
    A guy a Glock 23 for one !
    I really like it ! Too bad I cant find anyone
    Who wants to trade a Glock for a Commander size Ruger !

Top Bottom