• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluDeuce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Northern IN
    Anyone have the new Ruger SR22 pistol? I'm thinking about adding it to my collection.. So far all the reviews are good. was wondering how it compared to other 22s in it's class. Also anyone seen a good deal on one?

thanks

coyn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Syracuse
    That does look like a nice gun. I've been thinking about picking up a 22. Narrowed it down to the Mosquito or the SR22 but kind of leary about getting a 1st gen gun. Would rather let any bugs get worked out that may show up.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    I was pretty keen on getting one until I handled it at Bradis. It's a lot smaller than it looks. I may still buy one, but if you have big hand, you might not want to buy one sight unseen.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    That does look like a nice gun. I've been thinking about picking up a 22. Narrowed it down to the Mosquito or the SR22 but kind of leary about getting a 1st gen gun. Would rather let any bugs get worked out that may show up.

This isn't a problem with a Ruger, Ruger will take care of any and all issue's that are unlikely to appear.

BluDeuce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Northern IN
    Well I stopped by midwest on the way home to check one out. Very nice feel also compared the sig, & walther. The ruger just felt better so I brought her home. Hope to get to the range this weekend. Next hunt will be a holster :rockwoot:

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    Picked up one used. I have not shot it yet, but will soon. I really like how it feels in my hand. Big enough for me, but small enough for my young son to easily hold as well.

Mark

coyn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Syracuse
    This isn't a problem with a Ruger, Ruger will take care of any and all issue's that are unlikely to appear.

I didn't mean anything in particular to Ruger. I was brought up on almost nothing but Ruger and have had great experiences with their guns. On the other hand, coming from an engineering background, I know there are always kinks to be worked out when launching a new product; be it from manufacturing or design. That is why I am leary on any product's first launch. I know they have a reputation of great customer service and will make things right. I was just saying that I would rather get the 2nd or 3rd batch to get any quirks worked out, if they should arise and that is why I haven't jumped at buying one yet. I know I'll buy one at some point because I like the gun and want a 22 for plinking and getting my children into shooting in the near future to help foster the next generation of gun owners.

ike1018

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I bought the SR22 about a month ago at Bradis and have taken it out a few times. I have really enjoyed it, great for plinking, cheap fun. Also, been taking friends and family to the range lately who don't own a gun but have a interest, so wanted the SR22 to get them acclimated before going to the glocks, etc. My buddy last weekend enjoyed shooting the SR22 more.

My old man just bought the M&P22 this week so looking forward to trying that out as well. Interested to see how it compares.

BluDeuce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Northern IN
    5233dbfd.jpg

Here is a pic.

BluDeuce

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Northern IN
    Now I'm on the hunt for a nice holster. I'm thinking the P22 will be the same size? Anyone have a holster like a Galco with a thumb snap?

Top Bottom