• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Hey guys, If anybody has bought a ruger wrangler 22 pistol , whats your opinion of these guns.I am wondering about accuracy and general overall thoughts on gun.Would like to hear from guys who have shot these guns.I was looking at a charter arms pathfinder 22lr , stainless steel , but I am a little tossed up about which one I should get.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I know I want one!!! been drooling over them since they came out, had a single six years ago, but traded it off, had a Chiappa single action, but it was Meh...But the Wrangler, hell yeah! I've been looking at the Heritage, but for a little more I can get a Ruger....

Last edited:

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    My one and only single action revolver. I don't go to the range without it. I'm sure the gun is much more accurate than this old man is of shooting it accurately.

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    They are a hoot! Will shoot about anything you feed them. Cci quiets are nice through them. Definitely worth the little bit more than a heritage, unless maybe the one with the adjustable fiber sights.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    I got one for my nephew for Christmas from Bite the Bullet. I did not shoot it, so I can't comment on the accuracy, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good the fit and finish was. I'm not a revolver expert by any means. The only real experience I have is with my .357 Blackhawk. The Wrangler isn't quite as smooth and well machined as the Blackhawk, but man, it's not THAT far off. Unless you're serious about a .22 revolver, it'd be a hard sell to spend the extra $250-300 for a single six or single 10 over the Wrangler. The only thing I'd really like to see would be an option for an adjustable rear sight. For $200, I was thoroughly impressed.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I have two of the Wranglers. I enjoy shooting them and find the accuracy is good. I've shot the Heritage and found the trigger a bit better than the Ruger. The balance is a bit better also. It is still fun to shoot.

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    I bought one last year, the best $180.00 bucks I've spent. Accurate, easy to clean, and a lot of fun.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Everyone knows that the burnt-bronze is the most accurate ! :D
    I love mine.

i-PKJQKHs-L.jpg

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Not long ago I picked up one of the silver/gray with black cylinder ones (wood laminate grips) at the local Academy. Have had it out a few times since and been favorably impressed. Noticeably more accurate than my Rough Rider. If you want a single-action .22lr for not a lot of money, it's hands down the Wrangler, IMO. 20565115.jpg

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Done trigger jobs on a couple of these and the parts quality inside is surprisingly good. They slicked up really nice but I never fired them for a group.
    I don't know how Ruger sells them at the price they do.
    Keep saying I'm going to get one for myself but haven't yet.
    Keep hoping for some new colors.
    Adjustable sights would be hard to resist also.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Done trigger jobs on a couple of these and the parts quality inside is surprisingly good. They slicked up really nice but I never fired them for a group.
    I don't know how Ruger sells them at the price they do.
    Keep saying I'm going to get one for myself but haven't yet.
    Keep hoping for some new colors.
    Adjustable sights would be hard to resist also.
    How do they compare to a Single Six? I tend to be disappointed when I try to save money.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    How do they compare to a Single Six? I tend to be disappointed when I try to save money.
    I can't honestly answer that as it has been years since I have been inside a Single Six.
    The Single Six is more appealing because Steel and Blue to most but I kind of like the looks of the Wrangler myself.
    Don't know about durability but I probably wouldn't shoot it that much so I wouldn't worry about that and both have the same warranty.
    I would without question buy 2 Wranglers before I would a Single Six.
    While fixable I really don't understand why the loading gate door is so hard to open on both of these rimfires.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Picked up an OD Green last week. Haven't tried it yet. Waiting for some nice 40 degree weather! Feels nice though, appears very solid.

eddiehelm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2018
    Marion
    My dad and I both got one. His was great mine shot wide right and didn’t group well. I gave it away but will likely pick up another. Sometimes you just get a lemon.

Top Bottom