• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    It appears that the feeding/removal of cartridges is slightly asymmetrical, leading to the need of distinct magazines:

The shopRuger site has the LH magazines for the same price (list and still $10 more for a 3-pack of RH than my LGS from the last time I looked at 10/22 mags). While it's frustrating to have different magazines, if they actually retail for the same price, I guess it's not not all that bad if seriously wanting one... But stocking up on a few extra magazines would add another good $100 to the buy-in compared to just buying the tube-fed Browning. Even with that, though, I'm not sure if K.F. has space in his yard for another boxcar.

From last time I looked up the SA-22. Reeds had them shipped to the FFL for $630 after discount code, so call it $650 total for a round figure. This is a good $200-250 more for the Ruger with a few extra magazines... so if not doing competitions and also not explicitly wanting magazine-fed, why bother? For my purposes, the $200 is a hard sell for the couple of added features combined with that stock being ugly as sin to me. N.B. Your cost-benefit analysis may be different.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    This is not your standard 10/22 you buy for $300 and fix up. This is a competition rifle with a lot of features that you would have to add to a $300 10/22 to get it to competition level. Plus it's for left handed people.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    That price is mighty salty. Seriously Ruger? 3-4x more for a different bolt/receiver?
    Street price is about $700. There’s much more to this rifle than just a different bolt and receiver. It’s also the exact same price as its right-handed counterpart. I could spend just as much buying something tricked-out from Kidd, but it still wouldn’t be left-handed. So I’m giving this one a try. It actually feels like I’ve been waiting about 57 years for this. Well, that’s how long they’ve been making 10/22’s... And I’m only 59, but…

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Street price is about $700. There’s much more to this rifle than just a different bolt and receiver. It’s also the exact same price as its right-handed counterpart. I could spend just as much buying something tricked-out from Kidd, but it still wouldn’t be left-handed. So I’m giving this one a try. It actually feels like I’ve been about waiting about 57 years for this. Well, that’s how long they’ve been making 10/22’s... And I’m only 59, but…
    I just saw the price Ruger listed online at like $1200. Must be more to it than just a different receiver then since they are normally around $350-400 off the shelf.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just saw the price Ruger listed online at like $1200. Must be more to it than just a different receiver then since they are normally around $350-400 off the shelf.
    Fully adjustable cheek rest can be repositioned to accommodate varying comb heights and positions to create a custom-adjusted feel that is stable, comfortable and repeatable for optic alignment.

Hard-coat anodized, CNC-machined receiver made from heat treated and stress relieved 6061-T6511 aluminum allows for optimal receiver-to-bolt interaction and a match-grade feel.

Proprietary, enhanced semi-auto chamber proven to increase accuracy and precision while not compromising reliable feeding and extraction.

BX-Trigger® with a light, crisp 2.5 - 3 pound trigger pull weight with minimal overtravel and a positive reset.

Dual bedding system incorporates a second bedding lug, ensuring the receiver is securely bedded to the stock.

Heat treated and nitrided CNC-machined match bolt that creates a tight-fitting, smooth action enabling the highest level of performance.

Receiver incorporates a rear cleaning port, providing access to the barrel from the rear of the receiver for ease of cleaning.

Top barrel locator allows for a free-floating barrel for superior accuracy.

16-1/8" cold hammer-forged bull barrel is fluted to reduce weight and dissipate heat and is also threaded with a 1/2"-28 pattern to accommodate the included muzzle brake or other barrel accessories.

Integral, optics-ready 30 MOA Picatinny rail for increased long-range elevation capabilities.

Match bolt release allows you to easily advance the nitrided bolt with a quick pull and release to the rear.

1701796705115.png

It's definitely a lot more than a standard 10/22.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Being a lefty, I welcome the thought. Having had an out of battery discharge with a Marlin 60, I need to see this. It took years to get all the little pieces of brass out of my face.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    The first time they made these in 2021, I don’t think they made very many because they sold out in a flash, and I’ve been waiting the better part of two years for more to show up in distribution. I didn’t miss the boat this time!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Fully adjustable cheek rest can be repositioned to accommodate varying comb heights and positions to create a custom-adjusted feel that is stable, comfortable and repeatable for optic alignment.

Hard-coat anodized, CNC-machined receiver made from heat treated and stress relieved 6061-T6511 aluminum allows for optimal receiver-to-bolt interaction and a match-grade feel.

Proprietary, enhanced semi-auto chamber proven to increase accuracy and precision while not compromising reliable feeding and extraction.

BX-Trigger® with a light, crisp 2.5 - 3 pound trigger pull weight with minimal overtravel and a positive reset.

Dual bedding system incorporates a second bedding lug, ensuring the receiver is securely bedded to the stock.

Heat treated and nitrided CNC-machined match bolt that creates a tight-fitting, smooth action enabling the highest level of performance.

Receiver incorporates a rear cleaning port, providing access to the barrel from the rear of the receiver for ease of cleaning.

Top barrel locator allows for a free-floating barrel for superior accuracy.

16-1/8" cold hammer-forged bull barrel is fluted to reduce weight and dissipate heat and is also threaded with a 1/2"-28 pattern to accommodate the included muzzle brake or other barrel accessories.

Integral, optics-ready 30 MOA Picatinny rail for increased long-range elevation capabilities.

Match bolt release allows you to easily advance the nitrided bolt with a quick pull and release to the rear.

View attachment 316844

It's definitely a lot more than a standard 10/22.
    This makes sense. I don’t think I got far enough down the product page to see the pic. I saw the msrp and closed.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Anyone have any good suggestions on a scope for this rifle? It’s right at 6 pounds without sights, so keeping the scope a bit on the lighter side would be a good idea. Combined with the 30 MOA rail, I’d like to have enough range to get out to 200 yds. with the rifle sighted in at 25/50.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Update… I haven’t been to the range with the crap weather we’ve been having. Here’s how the SWFA scope worked out on Warne Vapor low rings.

Attachments

• IMG_2588.jpeg
      IMG_2588.jpeg
      870.8 KB · Views: 12
    Top Bottom