• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Revolver Durability argument LOL

Come to HHRP some thursday night bullseye match and look at the line, 1950's Smith revolvers that have been shooting Thursday nights since the club opened in 1953,

In 2 lifetimes you might be able to make a determination but don't worry about it in your lifetime

I know, only went there but a lot of folks want to throw out how but like a tank a Ruger is and yes it is strong really not any more so than. S&W with its milled frame. Just the Ruger looks it. I have seen my share of both with tip straps blown off withe double charges of bullseye powder.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I know, only went there but a lot of folks want to throw out how but like a tank a Ruger is and yes it is strong really not any more so than. S&W with its milled frame. Just the Ruger looks it. I have seen my share of both with tip straps blown off withe double charges of bullseye powder.

Yep that silly nonsense argument needed stopped up front.

It's great that we have quality choices like Ruger and Smith. More power to American Engineering and Manufacturing

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yep that silly nonsense argument needed stopped up front.

It's great that we have quality choices like Ruger and Smith. More power to American Engineering and Manufacturing

I'm actually hoping the Colt Cobra works out. Even though I had a bad experience with a Colt from the late 80's hope they get back I to it. Especially if they offer the Cobra with a 3" barrel.

Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    I've owned both Rugers and S&W's in the past. I still have my S&W's. I love the Ruger modular approach with their revolvers, and one can be taken down to a literally bare frame in a matter of minutes for a thorough wash & wax. But I am a bigger fan of the S&W trigger. Something about S&W's leaf-style mainspring vs. the Ruger coil-over mainspring gives the S&W a more linear-feeling trigger pull IMHO. The Rugers always felt to me like there were more mechanical things going on under the hood with the trigger pull than the S&W.

I totally understand people dispising the "Hillary Hole" based on principle. But all my S&W's with the internal lock shoot light's out, and have never, ever given me a problem. Below is my 3" 686+, which has become one of my favorites:

QUOTE]This is the gun next on my 'wish list' - My first duty weapon back in '84 was a 686 4" Stainless - I got rid of it, well my EX encouraged it, when my department switched to the Sig P226. I was a Reserve at the time and we had to buy our own weapons. So the 686 paid for the Sig..... Dumbass!  Love the 686 and the 3" + is a plus!!

gwingo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Indysub
    I just bought a 686 plus (non PC) and am happy with it. I chose it over the Redhawk because I wanted a 3 inch barrel and it was available first at my supplier. I do prefer the aesthetics of the Redhawk though. I also have a Ruger SP101 so have some familiarity with Ruger products. They are both fine products and you will most likely be happy with either.

Top Bottom