• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jmoore55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2021
    FORT WAYNE
    I actually have a few friends who are auctioneers.

This is for personal property auctions, but if the firearms are sold on the owners property, they can be transfered to the auction winner as if it was a FTF transaction.

If the firearms are removed from the owners property, to say an auction house, for the auction, then they must be transferred through an FFL.
    Hello,

This might be a dumb question, but, what does must be transferred through an FFL mean?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Hello,

This might be a dumb question, but, what does must be transferred through an FFL mean?

FFL = Federal Firearms License, or the way we typically use it would be Licensee. AKA, usually a gun store.

That means it would have to get checked in and out of a gun store with a background check and usually some sort of fee.

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hello,

Hello and welcome to INGO! FFL: Federal Firearms Licensee. AN FFL holder must have the ATF Form 4473 filled out for purchases and transfers. Handguns crossing State lines require the transfer through an FFL.

Click the link below and introduce yourself to the group.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    FFL = Federal Firearms License, or the way we typically use it wold be Licensee. AKA, usually a gun store.

That means it would have to get checked in and out of a gun store with a background check and usually some sort of fee.

Welcome to the forum!
    AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!! Ninja posted!!

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    F6DD694C-A426-4DE3-927F-9E70D3B9E672.jpeg You never know what you will find at an auction.
    This was one of the first guns up at an auction that was 90% German Lugers and P38s.
    I took it to Cabelas to find a pistol rug big enough to put it in.
    They gave me an offer I could not refuse for it hence the Cabelas tag.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I was at a local gun auction earlier this year - was all from one individual but held on at a place the auction company used. I was surprised that they did not collect taxes but did have to have the gun transferred through a local FFL that handled all the guns sold that day. No other fees.

I was able to check out the guns the day before and knew what I wanted the most and knew what my price range was. Won an excellent condition 2005 Smith 617-5 with box/papers , price was not a steal but better than a lot I see on Gunbroker and being able to see, hold and inspect a gun before buying sure beats looking at pictures on an online auction.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Personally I have stopped going to any Estate auction where a list of firearms is advertised. It seems to me that many people that have no knowledge of gun prices read the ad and then go to buy guns. I have seen $60 handguns go for over $200. Never found any gun at these auctions going for a fair price.

On the other hand I used to go to a lot of estate auctions where no, or maybe one or two guns were listed. At this type I have made a few purchases at fairly good prices. As I recall these were on the owners site and were treated as person to person sales.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Personally I have stopped going to any Estate auction where a list of firearms is advertised. It seems to me that many people that have no knowledge of gun prices read the ad and then go to buy guns. I have seen $60 handguns go for over $200. Never found any gun at these auctions going for a fair price.

On the other hand I used to go to a lot of estate auctions where no, or maybe one or two guns were listed. At this type I have made a few purchases at fairly good prices. As I recall these were on the owners site and were treated as person to person sales.
    I've seen people pay way to much at auctions, but I have personally scored a couple of good deals. Roll of the dice, you can't get it if you don't try.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    11 year old thread

Ehhh.. Newb is gonna newb. Couldn't harass the guy at post #1 (I see JB has no such scruples).

I was impressed at the staying power of INGO though. People searching this stuff from 2 or 3 serious panic markets ago and almost prior to Obama.

Top Bottom