• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Got the ad for the new Avon Rural King in today's fish wrapper. They're having an ammo drawing. You can enter in the store or by mail. There's only one catch. You're not going to win any ammo. The winner gets the chance to BUY a drum (14K rds) of 5.56 M193 for $5799.99. So......... Get all your good buds together and enter.

Just sharing info.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    A lot of people will give them their personal information through the entry process. That is great marketing info identifying what are potentially AR owners.
    I'm sure that is the idea behind it, but I agree with 4651feeder that they would probably get more people to sign up if they offered 14 people a chance to buy 1000 rounds.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I'm sure that is the idea behind it, but I agree with 4651feeder that they would probably get more people to sign up if they offered 14 people a chance to buy 1000 rounds.
    May be trying to narrow it down to people that have six or seven large on hand.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    What is their logic? They're going to sell 14k rounds at $415 per 1000 to one person, when they could sell it for 50% more if broken down to 100 rounds per person.
    I just don't understand that.
    It's literally a DRUM of 5.56. Picture of it is in their ad. How do they break a drum down as the retailer?

Personally, I hope they keep drawing names until someone buys it. I could see someone winning the drawing and being unable to complete the purchase.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Yeah, they could be for some reason I guess.

Are you a Donnie Darko fan? I just saw it for the first time a few months ago.
    The film entertains me. I find shrinks more lost than most professionals and those humans that are diagnosed mentally troubled oft' the sainest in society. I also like Sling Blade. Think on the images the second time through.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    We were in there last night.
    They must be trying to compete with tractor supply. Plenty of chickens, fence, feed, tools.
    They had maybe a dozen guns in the case and empty ammo shelves.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    The film entertains me. I find shrinks more lost than most professionals and those humans that are diagnosed mentally troubled oft' the sainest in society. I also like Sling Blade. Think on the images the second time through.
    Sorry to derail the thread. I promise this will be my last movie post here. I liked both of those movies. I'm a fan of the more thought provoking movies, while my wife likes the storybook ending type.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I wonder if they will have the gun department fully stocked
    If you're not familiar with their policies on gun sales they are somewhat infamous. They will hold an gun until you are cleared through NICS. If it takes a month to clear NICS that's when they will release it. The law says after 5 business days the can release it without NICS clearance but their corporate policy says otherwise..

DEAIV

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2021
    Southwest Indy
    If you're not familiar with their policies on gun sales they are somewhat infamous. They will hold an gun until you are cleared through NICS. If it takes a month to clear NICS that's when they will release it. The law says after 5 business days the can release it without NICS clearance but their corporate policy says otherwise..
    I’m not sure what you’re getting at lol

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    If you buy at another shop in the area and the NICS check doesn't come back with a proceed within 5 days they can and usually will release the firearm. It doesn't happen often but if for some reason the determination doesn't come back for a month RK will not release it as the law allows after 5 days.

Top Bottom