• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Rural King stupidity(customer...not store)

What should I have done. I just hightailed it away from this guy.

At at rural king getting plants for garden. I went to gun section because...well....because it's there. I was window shopping and saw a young kid open carrying a large holster with what looked like a mp9c of some sort in it. He was looking at holsters. As I was about to leave he brought his baby(in child carrier) over to counter and asked if they had any plastic holsters that would fit his gun. She said something and next thing I know he has pulled gun by 2 fingers out and jacked a loaded mag out of it. If he didn't muzzle sweep his baby he came damn close. At that point I didn't stay around to watch. I never heard a slide jacked open. He left a minute later as I checked out.

Last edited:

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    I hope he was kicked out not just left on his own. That's crazy and makes all us pro gun people look bad

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    So many people do not understand the RESPONSIBILITY involved in firearm ownership, and especially, carry.

This man is an exception to normality. Most of us take this very seriously, he doesn't, clearly.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.

At at rural king getting plants for garden. I went to gun section because...well....because it's there. I was window shopping and saw a young kid open carrying a large holster with what looked like a mp9c of some sort in it. He was looking at holsters. As I was about to leave he brought his baby(in child carrier) over to counter and asked if they had any plastic holsters that would fit his gun. She said something and next thing I know he has pulled gun by 2 fingers out and jacked a loaded mag out of it. If he didn't muzzle sweep his baby he came damn close. At that point I didn't stay around to watch. I never heard a slide jacked open. He left a minute later as I checked out.

Sadly, this is why I've stayed away from that counter / store since ammo has become less scarce... Too many times like this (without the baby) played out in front of me after they got their firearms counter.

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy

I would have ran the other way

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Ya know that's the first thing I had to change when I started carrying, I'm not carrying my son in his car seat with my holstered pistol pointed at his head. I suppose it's a good idea to keep my strong hand free as well.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    Whats youre beef here? He's in the firearms section inquiring about holsters. Least he went to the counter instead of whipping the ol heater out in the middle of the isle.

Last edited:

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    So Rural King claims. The Terre Haute Gander is in a school zone and doesn't require a case. Are you saying that it's a crime for me to drive past a school with an uncased gun?

Contact the atf and ask them, I'm not saying what is and what isn't a crime, not sure where you got that from. I have read the law and it really is a law that isn't a law. Look it up yourself. All I'm saying is I have heard it from both the atf as well as main office of Rural King so don't blame me for the rule!

As far as Gander, if you would rather pay 100.00 more for a gun than spend 10.00 on a case at Rural King, then be my guest my friend.

Top Bottom