• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Just left the Rural King in Greenwood. Wanted to purchase a Glock 43. I had a 10% coupon that would bring the price down to less then $450. After filling out the 4473 and having the manger and another employee take forever to fill out various internal Rural King checklist it came time to pay. He scanned the coupon and told me the price, it did not accept the coupon. I asked why as the coupon specifically says it includes guns and Glock's are not a brand excluded. The manger informs me Glock's are never included, and "they really should put that on the coupon". He refuses to honor the coupon even though he can't give me a reason other then "Glock's are never included". The employee tells me after he leaves that there are several guns in there system with a red asterisk that you can't use any coupons on, not just Glock's.

Point being if you are going to try and use this promotion at Rural King on a firearm, first make sure they will honor there promotion, and your gun is not on the mystery excluded list. It would be best to do this before you fill out a 4473 and waste a half hour of your time.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I ran into something somewhat similar to that a few years ago at MC Sports when I bought my XDm. The Sunday flyer had several guns marked down like 10-15%. When I tried to buy it, they said they never mark guns down. But snap! What about this Sunday flyer I found in the newspaper? He looked it over for a couple of minutes and then gave me the discount. Apparently, he was the last one to know. :D

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Advertised sales, mistake or not, should be honored.
    The fact that the coupon SHOULD have said it excluded this or that is a sorry excuse.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    I had a problem (their fault not mine) at a Rural King the manager would not resolve. I called Corporate, was polite and explained the situation. The fellow at corporate I talked to ask how i wanted the problem handled. I told him and he handled it, problem solved. If you believe you were wronged call corporate. They told me they want to hear of problems customers have. If they don't know they can't fix it. Make sure Glock was not excluded, on the coupon and no "sorry but" signs in store.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I agree. Even if its a misprint it should be honored. I'm sure our favorite print dude will back me up... its something called a "proof". You create the ad. You get the advertiser to sign off on the proof. If there is something wrong with the proof, you reset it and provide the new proof. Lather rinse repeat until its correct.

If you cant follow that industry standard practice, you deserve to lose $$ on sloppiness.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    There are no signs at the gun desk, the door or the service desk. The coupon is the most generic one ever. Ill post a pic of it. Im not the guy to call corporate. The LGS off County Line Road has a G43 for $475, I should have just went there.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I lucked out last year at Christmas time at Rural King. I went to buy a generator they had in the sale flyer. The flyer said it was electric start and the picture showed the electric model. When I got there they had an aisle full of manual start of the same brand. I was able to find one electric start that was in the flyer and took it to the front. When they rang it up it was over $700. I showed the gal the flyer and someone else confirmed that it was the same one so they gave me the discount. It was a misprint in the flyer but I was still able to get the electric start version for half price. I think with this current sale and not including several things that if there isn't anything printed and posted to show what's included or not, then they should discount anything.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    The coupons..... The email specifically states includes firearms. The item was not on sale, was not a special and nothing was posted in the store. The manger and staff did not argue that point.

My only point to INGO is beware when you attempt to use these type of promotions at Rural King. They run these ALL THE TIME!! And again according to the employee there are several firearms in there system not just Glock's that you can't discount. I wasted 30 minutes on a nice Sunday trying to give them $450 and had to do a 4473. Im sure when I go to my LGS to buy it Monday I will be delayed........

So INGO please check before using these at Rural King, and before a 4473.......

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    AGREED!

However:

I generally will NOT argue to give someone my money. So I doubt I'll do that here. But it sucks. It was a good price for a G43, but I just can't argue with a store to take my money. They should want to take it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    AGREED!

However:

I generally will NOT argue to give someone my money. So I doubt I'll do that here. But it sucks. It was a good price for a G43, but I just can't argue with a store to take my money. They should want to take it.

I can understand that. I can understand not wanting to put any more effort into doing business with them. But they have a problem they should address. You might be doing other folks a favor by helping RK to be clear in their advertising or educating their employees better.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    You are right. Ill call the Rural King Corporate in the morning. If they say anything like..."yea Glocks/guns are not included". I will lose my F'ing mind.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    AGREED!

However:

I understand the "don't argue". I felt the same way. When i called they (and I) were very pleasant, Not a bad word was said. It was more of a "hey you guys ought to" (me) and "you know you are right, thanks" (them).

They even called me back to make sure things were right.

Very nice experience. Again, if they don't know they can't change it.

Not trying to talk you into anything, just saying. Hope you like your Glock.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Who ever told you that is way wrong! I work part time at the Martinsville store and the 10 % was on all firearms, including of course Glocks! Contact corp and they will take care of this. That is some bull crap. Next time come to Martinsville and we will take good care of you.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Is there a disclaimer on the coupon or anywhere on the sheet or pages of coupons that you have ?
    Generally on the back page of the coupons there will be a disclaimer.

I understand you are frustrated with not getting a discount.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and a sign on the wall stating "Glocks are not included in coupon offers unless specifically stated" would even be somewhat acceptable. At least they would have told you before you went thru the hassle.

Top Bottom