• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    [h=1]Ukraine crisis live: UN Security Council to hold emergency meeting on Ukraine crisis[/h][h=2]Russian foreign ministry admits to entering Crimea from its Black Sea Fleet base as the Ukraine's interior minister accuses country of 'armed invasion'[/h]Ukraine crisis live: UN Security Council to hold emergency meeting on Ukraine crisis - Telegraph
    20.24 Ukraine's interim President Oleksandr Turchynov accuses Russia of aggression, saying Moscow has deployed troops in Crimea and is "trying to provoke" Kiev into an "armed conflict".

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Great, just as ammo prices were getting back to normal. There goes all the 7.62x39! And no, there is no purple here. Definitely look for a trade embargo in the future I'd bet.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was remarking only the other day how 7.62x39 is still cheaper than any pistol caliber rounds.

Yes i know ruskies use their 5.45, but that only means their manfacturers will focus on those rounds.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Maybe when this is all done we'll see more 5.45 surplus. But seriously I don't see Obama doing anything but runing his mouth.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Obie can certainly ban gun imports from Russia, looks good on tv and means very little.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well, UN Security Council to hold an emergency meeting. Russia vetoes anything that would say their military aggression against the Ukraine is bad. There won't even be a terse e-mail or a strongly-worded memo. Maybe Ban Ki Moon will unfriend Putin on Facebook.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    It is in the Russian interests to have a stable port for the navy. The Ukraine coup leaders knew that the Russians would secure the interests they have there. The did not really invade Ukraine they fortified the port in which they have a 30 year agreement.

Fighting a Ukrainian force and a Russian force is different. The Crimea area populous loves Russians and look at them as peace keepers.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    It is in the Russian interests to have a stable port for the navy. The Ukraine coup leaders knew that the Russians would secure the interests they have there. The did not really invade Ukraine they fortified the port in which they have a 30 year agreement.

Fighting a Ukrainian force and a Russian force is different. The Crimea area populous loves Russians and look at them as peace keepers.

Stop using facts! It confuses the real issues.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

The Crimea is 10,000 square miles, and 2 million people reside there. I've been around military installations most of my life, and if taking over the entire Crimea, as Russia as done, is "fortifying a port," that's one WHOPPER of a port. In comparison, one of the most famous port cities in the world, Hong Kong, which had a similar agreement between the British and Chinese, is a paltry 426 sq miles. I don't buy Putin's nonsense. He aims, IMO, to annex the Ukraine, or to support their breakaway.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Crimea is 10,000 square miles, and 2 million people reside there. I've been around military installations most of my life, and if taking over the entire Crimea, as Russia as done, is "fortifying a port," that's one WHOPPER of a port. In comparison, one of the most famous port cities in the world, Hong Kong, which had a similar agreement between the British and Chinese, is a paltry 426 sq miles. I don't buy Putin's nonsense. He aims, IMO, to annex the Ukraine, or to support their breakaway.

I meant annex the Crimea.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    UPDATE: Russian troops take over Ukraine's Crimea region
    KIEV, Ukraine (AP) — Russian troops took over Crimea as the parliament in Moscow gave President Vladimir Putin a green light Saturday to use the military to protect Russian interests in Ukraine. The newly installed government in Kiev was powerless to react to the action by Russian troops based in the strategic region and more flown in, aided by pro-Russian Ukrainian groups.

Top Bottom