• JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This one?

"when are guns going to be out-lawed? They make laws against having pot, but guns are all over. Tragic and totally preventable. Adults play the same stupid game I lost my Uncle playing it in a bar years ago in Detroit. Left behind a wife and 4 kids. Yet he survived the Korean War. Now kids are killing each other here and now themselves across the country. Why doesn't our President step up and push for more gun control?"

My question is, why doesn't our president step up and push for more idiot control? Of course then he would be alienating most of his party and voting base so...

I also highlighted the relevant part of the comment. So no blame placed on the (obviously intoxicated) uncle, only on the gun? Yep, has Obama voter written all over it.

5044707009_32116bc0c5.jpg

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So: what could have prevented this? I know! I know!

1. Make it unlawful for someone under the age of 21 to possess a handgun.

Oh, wait...

2. Universal Background Checks!

Oh, wait...

In all seriousness: the teen committed suicide under the guise of playing a stupid game. Depending on who owned the gun and how the teen came to possess it, the owner could reasonably be liable.

Otherwise: the story is mostly just a sensationalized suicide.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I know it's prolly cold and heartless, and I realize the people in all these cases are somebody's loved ones, but damn. Anyone so utterly lacking in brain cells, that they engage in such behavior, would eventually take themselves or others out with something other than a firearm. A car, motorcycle, chainsaw, lawnmower, butterknife, a blow dryer, a graham cracker... Just use your imagination. It doesn't take much to make a deadly weapon in the hands of idiots.:dunno:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I'm not sure if it suicide, stupidity or other.
    Investigation still ongoing according to reports.

Met him yrs ago, while he was in Jr High. Nice kid, he'd stick up for others (stop those who were bullying).

Not sure how, why or when things took a turn.

Bet at least one of the other people at the gathering raises questions.

We have people problems, not gun problems. Something is very wrong when a person puts a gun to their head (in a game or on purpose).

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We have people problems, not gun problems. Something is very wrong when a person puts a gun to their head (in a game or on purpose).
    That's for sure. I just went through this pain this year. One of the nicest, most generous, optimistic kid I knew used a gun to take his life. It seems he had his demons to battle and they won that night. Those around these events are filled with pain and anger for a long time as they recover.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    The first link shows a picture of a semi-auto.
    Surely he didn't use that, and it's just an example of the media being dumber than the dead guy.

Yes. A plastic injection mold semi, and red paint. Classy.
    I also noted the wild injection of the 40 lb. teen story in the middle of the story with absolutely no link. Horrible reporting.

As Hookeye said, has to be more problems than poor choice in games when folks are pointing guns at anyone, including themselves.

Top Bottom