• ...and so much more!
  • smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    sks8.jpg sks2.jpg sks4.jpg sks7.jpg sks6.jpg sks5.jpg sks1.jpg

How did I do and what do you all think its worth? very clean all matching I know its a tula refurbished 1958 I think. Very clean looking...anyone have any more info on it for me....got it on a trade...

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Very nice, there is nothing Tula did to Russian weapons that didn't improve them. May not have been much for collecting but then again what SKS is?

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    saw the thread title and thought someone else had found a SKS in 45 ACP...

sks1.jpg

sofrosune

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Nice rifle. Is the dustcover dated? Is there a Cyrillic letter on the original serial number on the left side of the receiver? A couple of things that I've noticed that affect the desirability of refurbished Tula SKS's are:
    1. Date (1949 is particularly sought after)
    2. Quality of the refurb (a very nicely blued refurb tends to be preferable to a painted refurb)
    3. Condition (of course)
    4. No Date or Blank receiver covers, along with Cyrillic letters in the original serial numbers on the left side of the receiver. These later "letter guns" tend to bring in higher values.
    5. Matching stamped numbers with no strikeouts (some parts will be electropenciled even in unrefurbished condition like the gas tube, piston, etc.)

Unrefurbished and Izhevsk SKS's are a different animal.

I'm sure more knowledgeable members will be along shortly with more info for you.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Nice rifle. Is the dustcover dated? Is there a Cyrillic letter on the original serial number on the left side of the receiver? A couple of things that I've noticed that affect the desirability of refurbished Tula SKS's are:
    1. Date (1949 is particularly sought after)
    2. Quality of the refurb (a very nicely blued refurb tends to be preferable to a painted refurb)
    3. Condition (of course)
    4. No Date or Blank receiver covers, along with Cyrillic letters in the original serial numbers on the left side of the receiver. These later "letter guns" tend to bring in higher values.
    5. Matching stamped numbers with no strikeouts (some parts will be electropenciled even in unrefurbished condition like the gas tube, piston, etc.)

Unrefurbished and Izhevsk SKS's are a different animal.

I'm sure more knowledgeable members will be along shortly with more info for you.
    No date on dust cover and there is a star after the number stamped in and there looks to be a Cyrillic letter will try to get some better pics when I get time..everything matches other then the forced stock...but condition is very good....few folks I have been talking to are saying they would value it around 7 to 800 if that's the case I did great but still posting around to find out for sure ....thanks for your info

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Could I talk you into starting a thread on it? I sure would like to see and know more.

The man who built the rifle, Doc Clements, died in 2014. Another friend of mine bought the rifle from his estate. Doc shot the rifle at our range near Twelve Mile and used it for a number of competitions there. It ran great and was an accurate shooting rifle. Doc was kinda a country gunsmith who built stuff just because he could, the 45 ACP SKS was one of his better builds.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Your Russo SKS is worth about five hundo.

see this is what i was thinking as well, but other sks advocates on other sites tell me else being its a letter gun in the shape it is....either way dont really matter to me its a keeper...thanks tho on some insight

Top Bottom