• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yep, and not this important election is even more important!

No way anyone can be confirmed in the few weeks before this election.

Can you please cite the constitutional passages that would keep this from happening? This could be done in one day, the president nominates, and the senate approves. That simple. Anything beyond that is just pomp and circumstance. (Read politics)

Now the RINO's in the senate, all full of themselves, will agree with our enemies, and not do this.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Qb5WEf1.jpg

wr0YicW.png

If you treat politics as total war, don't be surprised if your opponents respond in kind.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I dont usually wish death on anyone, but I SERIOUSLY hope these "burn it down" types get burnt down trying. Animals like this shouldnt be walking the earth with us. We live in a good country with (mostly) fair laws, procedures, and policies to operate well. Its not like we are Russia or other dictatorial country where leaders elect themselves for life, etc. and such violent actions are required for justice.

People used to say, "No one on their deathbed ever said they'd spent more time in the office." If what's below is true, we can't say that anymore.

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg spoke in the last days before her death about her “fervent” wish that her seat remain unfilled until another president was in office. Ginsburg died Friday at the age of 87 from complications of metastatic pancreas cancer.

NPR reports that Ginsburg said in a statement dictated to granddaughter Clara Spera, “My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed.”

https://www.wfxrtv.com/news/justice...til-a-new-president-is-installed-report-says/

I believe her 100% given RBGs actions of refusing to retire under Trump.

I’ve seen people on their deathbed from cancer. Not saying all people are rendered mute, but most folks are doped up and asleep or the cancer has eaten them up so bad they can’t talk.

Cancer is not a peaceful way to die, usually.

I could be proven wrong, but I imagine this statement was made up for political purposes.

My money is on that being said weeks ago. If not months ago. Repeatedly. (probably ever since Trump was elected) I think "deathbed confession" was a bit of drama added for effect.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    they're not upset she died. they're upset her vote is gone and she died under a republican president

If trump wins will Thomas retire?

It is very likely, but not immediately. I really wouldn't expect him to outlast a second Trump term. There have been comments that he has been feeling it for a while.
    I think he really wants a good 2A case to stop the active refusal to honor the Heller and McDonald cases (such as happened with NYSRPA).

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’ve seen people on their deathbed from cancer. Not saying all people are rendered mute, but most folks are doped up and asleep or the cancer has eaten them up so bad they can’t talk.

Cancer is not a peaceful way to die, usually.

I could be proven wrong, but I imagine this statement was made up for political purposes.

Astute analysis...

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    If anything, I think it will be faster. There will be a lot of pressure on the Rs to approve someone lest they lose control of the Senate in November

Double edged sword. Pressure from right to ram someone through and the left will be even more motivated to flip some closely contested seats in the Senate if they do after the Garland stall.

GMediC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2020
    US
    It's very telling when you see someone refusing to leave office and intentionally dying while on the bench or in their seat.
    Selfish. Power hungry. Egotistical. In denial. Unfit
    Republicans would have just done what the Dems will try, get control of the House and Senate and add more judges. Theyre already talking about it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

llamant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    “I want you to use my words against me. If there’s a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of the first term, you can say Lindsey Graham said let’s let the next president, whoever it might be, make that nomination." Lindsey Graham

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom