• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Anyone out in INGO land have or shot a S&W model 3913 compact in 9mm?
    Handled one today in gun store and felt good in the hand. So, I'm curious about your experiences with the 3913.
    I'm seriously thinking about getting one.
    Thanks.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    An outstanding choice, IMHO, one of the finest carry guns out there. Flat and exceedingly comfortable to carry, and conceal if you need or want to. They are accurate, and have an outstanding reputation for reliability. It's a gun that should be far more popular than it is. Recoil is comfortable, recovery between shots is good... I just love them.

cjacobs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Bloomington
    An outstanding choice, IMHO, one of the finest carry guns out there. Flat and exceedingly comfortable to carry, and conceal if you need or want to. They are accurate, and have an outstanding reputation for reliability. It's a gun that should be far more popular than it is. Recoil is comfortable, recovery between shots is good... I just love them.

+1
    sums it up nicely.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I have a friend that has one and when we go to gun shows he prices them because he wants to get another one "for his wife";)

You will have a hard time finding anyone who doesn't like them.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    I bought one of the older Lady Smith versions for my wife. She loves it. She lets me shoot it, but I've been too ruined by 1911 & Glock triggers.

It functions great, very accurate as well. Like all Smith autos, mags can get pricey.

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    3913 = sweet!

Just acquired one recently and really like it. Now I have the two perfect mid size auto loaders. Glock 19(plastic perfection in my eyes:bow:) and Smith 3913. The 3913 is not much smaller than the Glock 19. Some what thinner but about the same height and length. It is a great handling gun and feels great in the hand.

Now I just need a safe mate for my S&W 66 so I can have the two perfect midsize revolvers to go with my perfect autos.:rockwoot:

Todd

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    I bought on for my wife, took it home and set up 5 pieces of firewood on a bench. She knocked down all five on the first try from 15 yards. Turned to me and said, "I like it".

I like it too, especially the ambidextrous safety since I am left handed. I don't have any experiece with the beretta, but the s&w is a big :yesway:

hunt4fun

Retired
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    North Salem
    Sorry, but I had one and didn't care for it. I never got used to the first shot double-action, then single-action thing. And the trigger on mine was really bad. Lots of creep and then too stiff. I prefer the Glocks as well.

Hunt4fun

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    I've had a 3913 and a TSW version. I have to say first, the 3913/3914 guns are IMO the ideal in concealed carry. The single stack magazine and the slide width make it look and feel almost invisible IWB in a good holster.

I will add that with the TSW versions you will find a small, but definite, step up when it comes to the trigger, accuracy and recoil. My brother shot both and couldn't really tell but I have shot thousands of rounds through the 3913, knew it well, and could tell the difference. If you can get your hands on a 3913TSW and don't mind the rail or are willing to pay to get it removed, go for the TSW.

Lastly, when it comes to fast trigger resets which make for great follow-up shots, I've yet to find a gun that beats 3rd generation smiths.

Top Bottom