• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Disregard the parts needed i found them on numrich surprisingly and most say they will be new. I got a new blue slide stop assembly, new hammer strut, new hammer strut pin, new mainspring, new trigger return spring, sear pin, and I think that's it. My total came to 60.55. So I'll probably take those parts if in the kit and sell them on gb to recoup money.

Now on to the pics of the after on the frame. It only cost me 25 bucks and he left the mag catch assembly on which I had hoped he would. Now to sand and mothers the frame rails and do more waiting.
    AFTER:
    n2Rlgsl.jpg

s3qIqag.jpg

nNMFrhO.jpg

c1h3G9X.jpg

CdJE8MO.jpg

Before:
    sRml2fv.jpg

haDlFsQ.jpg

Jkk06V7.jpg

pUVqh5e.jpg

WSRsBFo.jpg

in812

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    what they made pistols after the 3rd generation ? ...Tupperware ?
    Just kidding I own a couple of the plastic wonders
    Still looking for a cs9

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Going to enjoy watching the build!

Freedom Firearms (FW) has a 90% plus 1076 decocker for $1150 with three mags. Little more than I want to spend but I did get it out of the case and thought about it. Lol

CS9s and 3913s are great pistols.

Ban the fools, not the tools I say. wtburnette

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    Going to enjoy watching the build!

Freedom Firearms (FW) has a 90% plus 1076 decocker for $1150 with three mags. Little more than I want to spend but I did get it out of the case and thought about it. Lol

CS9s and 3913s are great pistols.

That's steep, IMO, for a 1076. FBI model or no? Even if you use the crazy high prices people want for the 10mm mags, I'd say it's probably only really worth looking at it around $950-1000, just based on what they're selling for on gunbroker. I'm in my 1076 way less than $1000, but I'd probably be happy with one at $1000.

Again, if anyone see's a 1046 anywhere, let me know, its probably the grail of my collection, should I ever find one.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    I have found this, in searching gunbroker for 3rd gens, people often mis-describe or totally put the wrong thing in the description. Occasionally this makes things much cheaper than they should be. Something to consider if you're looking around for guns on there.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I have found this, in searching gunbroker for 3rd gens, people often mis-describe or totally put the wrong thing in the description. Occasionally this makes things much cheaper than they should be. Something to consider if you're looking around for guns on there.

I can relate. Back when the Ruger precision rifle first came out, I picked up a NIB used one relatively cheap because the guy put it on Armslist as a Rugar 243 with no picture and little information. I think by the time I contacted him, he was frustrated at the lack of response and sold it cheap. I've never worked up loads for it and not sure it has 20 rounds through it yet...maybe he got the better end of the deal???

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I can relate. Back when the Ruger precision rifle first came out, I picked up a NIB used one relatively cheap because the guy put it on Armslist as a Rugar 243 with no picture and little information. I think by the time I contacted him, he was frustrated at the lack of response and sold it cheap. I've never worked up loads for it and not sure it has 20 rounds through it yet...maybe he got the better end of the deal???

I've been looking for a compact slide as I posted earlier and happened to find a 6906 slide labeled as a 69. Not sure I want to pull the trigger on $80 right now seeing as I just spent another 100 on parts to refresh or replace. I also have a bid on that 33-1 that sits at 256 and my max is 390 so if I could win that cheaper and still have money left from things I sold on GB then if its still being listed I would take that chance. I would then keep both slides and refinish the 915 and associated parts and bead blast the 6906 frame and associated parts. The only bad is I bought a blued slide release assembly so not sure how that may look right now if I did use a stainless/ stainless combo. Still not sure if I want to change the mim spur hammer for a spurless whatever I can get.

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion

I'm looking at the CS line of guns, CS9/40/45, and well, predictably, some of them are horribly mis-labeled on gunbroker. Now to keep that quiet for now and win one.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I'm looking at the CS line of guns, CS9/40/45, and well, predictably, some of them are horribly mis-labeled on gunbroker. Now to keep that quiet for now and win one.

I’ve been bidding on CS40’s from time to time so post or PM me when it gets to crunch time so we aren’t bidding against each other. I’m only looking at all stainless models and pretty sure I’m going to place an order for a DW 10mm so I’m in no urgent need...I’d really like two CS40’s so I can have a CS 9/40/45/10.

That one for $449 has been hanging around a while.

16-1 upset in NCAA and by 20 points. Nice!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

smasherofall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Please tell me you snagged that 3906 for $439. I seen a few that were decent pricing vs what i've been seeing on GB.

I did't buy any, there was a 6906 I didn't get a pic of the guy had marked $449, said he'd take $425 for. The back of the tag said it came with 6 mags, I was gonna pull the trigger till he said "Oh, you only get 1 mag for that price." I walked away.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I did't buy any, there was a 6906 I didn't get a pic of the guy had marked $449, said he'd take $425 for. The back of the tag said it came with 6 mags, I was gonna pull the trigger till he said "Oh, you only get 1 mag for that price." I walked away.
    What a douche nozzle. Was that the same guy with the 3906? Did you get the guys name and any contact info? I may now have to drive down tomorrow just to try to get that 3906 for under $439. Thanks man you just may of gotten me in trouble with my wife.

smasherofall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    What a douche nozzle. Was that the same guy with the 3906? Did you get the guys name and any contact info? I may now have to drive down tomorrow just to try to get that 3906 for under $439. Thanks man you just may of gotten me in trouble with my wife.

No, different guy, I didn't get his name but he was pretty close to the INGO booth, 1 or 2 rows south and west 3 or 4 tables. He did say he was negotiable. :rockwoot:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Seconds on the 3906. Lol

If you're going to go you can have it. I was going to try for $400. I have things to do and the times for tomorrow don't work for me plus its a 2hr drive.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Nope. Not a gun show weekend for me..gotta work in the office. The Mrs. has a couple days of out of town doctor appointments this week and I'm just a couple counties East of you so no time.

AND...my college age son's car has a $1500 surprise repair...

If its was a fixed sight round guard; I might head down. :)

kscessnadriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2017
    Albion
    I’ve been bidding on CS40’s from time to time so post or PM me when it gets to crunch time so we aren’t bidding against each other. I’m only looking at all stainless models and pretty sure I’m going to place an order for a DW 10mm so I’m in no urgent need...I’d really like two CS40’s so I can have a CS 9/40/45/10.

That one for $449 has been hanging around a while.

16-1 upset in NCAA and by 20 points. Nice!

I'm not real serious about a CS40 yet, and if I did, I'd probably go with a black one. I have tons of stainless 3rd gens, not many of the "blued" models. Picked up my 1026 from the FFL today, it appears to have been a Virginia State Police gun, based on the serial range I've seen for them and the fact that it fires without the magazine in.

Top Bottom