• doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Gotcha......just seen another 6906 popped up here

There is a couple of 6906's now, one has a squared off trigger guard.

I made an offer on the less expensive one of them myself since I wish I'd kept one of my 5906s that I had.
    I still have an IWB & OWB leather holsters from Turkey I ordered.
    If I hadn't just picked up a nice Ruger P89 with 5 mags, I would have paid his fair asking price, & I liked it being the compact size.

Nice score 1775!
    I spotted a CHP 4006 in the used case at Shoot Point Blank Carmel this afternoon. It looked to be in decent condition but they were very ambitious on the price.

What was the price? I'm guessing close to $700.

Late last year you could find them for under 400.

I had one I bought a 4006 for $300 (not a CHP though) with no box & only 1 mag, and it had adjustable sights which I wanted since the 3rd Gens all shot low for me, but the adjustable rear sights fixed that.
    I decided not to keep a 40 caliber.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Was a good time to buy. I wouldn’t mind adding one.

Crazy prices on a lot of stuff. I’ve been looking for a nice Type 99 Arisaka and they have gone nuts lately. Then thought maybe I’d get a CZ 52. Insane prices.

Need a time machine.

Seems the 4506 pricing on gb has settled a bit. The brinks 4046 I bought a while back a few weeks later was sold put and the ones from other sellers jad jumped 50 in base price.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I watch the 3913's and 3914's pretty close, they have gone crazy high lately. Like $600 to $800 all day long on the big auction site.

Makes me happy when I traded a 1st gen lc9 and 2 mags for my 3913 6 or 7 yrs ago. I have most models on my saved searches.

Plinker556

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2020
    Central Indiana
    Makes me happy when I traded a 1st gen lc9 and 2 mags for my 3913 6 or 7 yrs ago. I have most models on my saved searches.

That's a win for sure!
    Tempting to sell off a couple 3rd Gens that don't get used much but then I ask myself..."why?"
    Even 908's have been bringing considerably more than just 6 months ago....if you can find them.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    That's a win for sure!
    Tempting to sell off a couple 3rd Gens that don't get used much but then I ask myself..."why?"
    Even 908's have been bringing considerably more than just 6 months ago....if you can find them.

The value series 3rd gens may be ugly and less refined but for the price you pay vs their contemporary siblings they are still underrated. It would be nice before prices really start rising to get more in my collection as funds dictate.

Once you hit 50 you now know who to sell to.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Picked up a NIB S&W 457s from whitleystu today. I can verify it is new with box and goodies. If anyone is looking for a shorty 40 or recon 45 that I have inspected and can say are new based off what I learned from the S&W forum let me know.

Plinker556

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2020
    Central Indiana
    Picked up a NIB S&W 457s from whitleystu today. I can verify it is new with box and goodies. If anyone is looking for a shorty 40 or recon 45 that I have inspected and can say are new based off what I learned from the S&W forum let me know.

The 457 is sweet to shoot for sure.
    I was at SPB again today and the 4006 is gone already. Not sure how long it was there, less than 3 weeks, but I am surprised an "old school" .40 went that fast.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The 457 is sweet to shoot for sure.
    I was at SPB again today and the 4006 is gone already. Not sure how long it was there, less than 3 weeks, but I am surprised an "old school" .40 went that fast.

Got 2 457's now the plain jane black and this sweet stainless. The CHP 4006's are nicer with the integral rail vs the riveted ones and the deals that were are far and few now. They must of known about the chp history.

99zhuggerz99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    McCordsville
    too many times now I have seen a 1006 on armslist (yes I know, easy now) in South Bend. price seems to shift every few months and the single picture never is always the same. I am not close to there, but I assume the is scamer? seemed legit a few months ago when it was $800-$900 (cant remember). But the other day at $500???

any one reached out on this one? just assuming some one has.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    too many times now I have seen a 1006 on armslist (yes I know, easy now) in South Bend. price seems to shift every few months and the single picture never is always the same. I am not close to there, but I assume the is scamer? seemed legit a few months ago when it was $800-$900 (cant remember). But the other day at $500???

any one reached out on this one? just assuming some one has.

Another member reached out and the seller was supposedly in indy and would drive up to meet them. They also had a funny name that sounded like scam. 500 is a steal but for anyone who knows the 10mm's knows they aint cheap

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Your contribution to the conversation is invaluable. You should probably find every thread about guns you are not a big fan of and let them know also.

13 posts today......must see something shiny. Had some other vague posts as well.

Anyways you looking for a shorty 40 or recon 45?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Indhawkeye
    I’m not a big fan of Smith semis

Your contribution to the conversation is invaluable. You should probably find every thread about guns you are not a big fan of and let them know also.

Your comment mcapo was priceless. :)
    Funniest thing I've seen all day :laugh: , but the day is young. :coffee:

When I saw that I thought it seemed odd. :scratch:
    It would be like being on a "love rock music" thread & someone said: I didn't care for it & like Country or gospel or easy listening :nono:.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    13 posts today......must see something shiny. Had some other vague posts as well.

Anyways you looking for a shorty 40 or recon 45?

I am trying to ignore your question. lol I jumped headfirst into the NFA pool this year and my checkbook is still trying to make it back to the surface. I don't believe my wallet would support today's pricing.

Is the Recon 45 ported? I seem to recall discussion about rather they were all ported or not?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I am trying to ignore your question. lol I jumped headfirst into the NFA pool this year and my checkbook is still trying to make it back to the surface. I don't believe my wallet would support today's pricing.

Is the Recon 45 ported? I seem to recall discussion about rather they were all ported or not?

It is with case paperwork and serialized knife

Top Bottom