• ...and so much more!
  • Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I am just wondering what the opinion of the S&W Governor is? I have yet to shoot one but to be honest have tossed the idea around of eventually owning one. Likes or dislikes?? Thanks ;)

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I like that you can shoot .45 acp in it, that's a whole lot cheaper than .45LC, and it's a six shot.

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Could you explain please? Thanks ;)
    I live in Wisconsin, recalling Governors is a thing around here..............and.............I have many years experience with shotgun loads in a handgun so that has formed my opinion of that combo.

Smith only did it to clip market share from Taurus because the damn things sell. It is a money thing/marketing thing. Money and sales in your competitions hands = not in yours. This is not a new idea, just recycled and improved.

In it's simplest form, and Taurus even put this in writing, the concept is a total compromise. The compromise is required because the absolute WORST thing you can do to a shot column is spin it. On the other hand heavy projectiles need to be spun.

Then there is the BS of using a small shotgun gauge for HD. Someone always comes back with killing snakes. BTDT, if the snake holds still great, if in cover or water, not so much. If you are up to your ass in snakes the first question is why, the second question is why didn't you bring a bigger gun?

It is a fun gun, master of nothing. Pick any use, any needs, any round and there are better solutions to stack against it. Physics will always prove that, the people lie AKA the marketing guys.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The idea of this gun has drawn my interest. The ability to shoot .45 ACP puts it ahead of the ever popular Tarsus Judge. I have always been a fan of guns that can shoot more than one caliber. My Glock 22 shoots .40, 357sig and 9mm. So its an intriguing weapon and being a S&W only adds to its allure.

I have never handled one. I would love the opportunity to actually get to shoot one before I bought one. For me it would be more of a curiosty than something I would carry or use enough to justify the purchase. If a good deal came my way I think I would grab it. But I'm not going to forgo other guns I would get more use out of to purchase one of these.

Top Bottom