• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldbird13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hamilton County,IN
    Recently purchased the S&W 15-22 and also ordered a Bushnell Trophy TRS-25 Red Dot Riflescope to go on it. What mount can I purchase to put the scope on so I don't have to lean my head so far to the right when trying to view through the scope. I took it to the range, without any riser/mount, and had a difficult time seeing through the scope in a comfortable position. I saw a UTG offset mount that a guy on YouTube reviewed (maybe MAD 0340 or MAS 0340) and he thought it worked great. Any help/suggestions out there from the S&W M&P 15-22 crowd? Thanks!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I can't confirm this, but I bet the Primary Arms Micro mount would work.

I can confirm this - it won't work. ;) The TRS-25 does not have a removable base like the Micro Dot and Aimpoint Micro.

The OP will need to use a mini-riser with a rail top under the sight itself. UTG makes one that puts such red-dot sights at a good co-witness height for irons, and it's inexpensive. We package these with the FM Micro Dots we sell, and they have been going like gangbusters.

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Medium-Pr...2BD4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336265778&sr=8-1

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Just my :twocents:, I think your shooting position is more to blame than the mount. I imagine your shooting stance looks like this?

patrickhenryshannon339.jpg

I was taught to bring the stock closer to the center of my chest, my dominant eye directly behind the sight, and roll my shoulders in, and bring my head down to the stock.

Like this;

Chris_Costa_of_Costa_Ludus_Shooting_FERFRANS_SOAR-P_Tactical_Piston_AR_SBR_Sub-Carbine_on_Full-Auto_4.jpg

Or this....

man-shooting-carbine-thumb3230633.jpg

Looking down from above you look a little more like a triangle. There is no need for any new mounts for sights on the AR with red dot if you use a more modern shooting stance. This all gets thrown out the window if you are looking to solely target shoot, then the stance in pic one works and you need a new mount for your optic!

Oldbird13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hamilton County,IN
    I only target shoot at this time but I am relatively new at this game. I have some serious physical challenges due to motorcycle accident and cannot bend or move in certain ways. I tried looking down the barrel but it didn't seem right/comfortable and I wondered what if this gun really "kicked"....this can't be the right way to shoot this. Maybe I will come across other shooters where I can pick up hints/help. Thank you for your response and advice.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I have the Bushnell on my 15-22. I cowitnessed with a UTG .83 riser, I believe it was. It won't tip the sight to the side, but it will bring it up a little which may help alleviate the awkwardness of the set up for you. I really like mine set up this way. Good luck!

Oldbird13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hamilton County,IN
    Thanks, I have ordered a couple of different risers and will see how they work. I was surprised to read that maybe I may want to change my stance. Would you still do that with a weapon that had some real kick to it? I am really having a blast with this little thing. My only fear is the desire to move up to something more powerful. Do you hunt with yours?

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Thanks, Would you still do that with a weapon that had some real kick to it? I am really having a blast with this little thing. My only fear is the desire to move up to something more powerful. Do you hunt with yours?

I shoot an AR10 (308) this way just fine. However, you are correct that this combat stance was made for the AR10 and AR15 type riles. You would not shoot this way with a bolt action or something of the like. Too unwieldy.

Top Bottom