• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    So I am pretty sure I am buying myself this for a Christmas gift :) any updates from those that have or had one?

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    It's a winner. Very pleased thus far. 100% reliable through the entire 2023 competition season. Zero feed, ejection, or ignition issues and that's not from babying it or immaculate cleaning rituals. It runs 100%. Speed and accuracy has been great. And the trigger is indeed less 'spongy' with good reset.
    Surprisingly, the subtle frame ergonomic differences in the upper grip area have left the biggest positive impression. Maybe just my big knuckles but that little bit of thinning down at the index finger and the bevel at the back thumb knuckle (beaver tail) makes it more pleasing to hold. The palm swell feels more effective, more like a good shotgun palm swell. Going back to the polymer frame feels like picking up a 2x4.

Couple minor gripes so far, none even close to being a regret, just annoyances.
    1st is the front grip insert, it gets loose & rattles, annoying. They should have just machined the serrations into the frame. But till then, it can be popped out by pressing on the backside (thru the mag well) and then reinstall it with a little dab of black silicon/rtv on the back side. Completely eliminated any movement, will it have to be reapplied?, maybe, hasn't yet.
    The other is the stupid "loaded chamber viewing hole" that they and several other manufacturers have been told by their lawyers to include on the top of the barrel. The da&% thing only serves to release just enough gas to slowly soot up certain optics (if the hood is too extended). And no, S&W does not offer a barrel without that friggin hole.

Also, just be aware...that mag well...she's not got much bevel/clearance.:whistle: Factory mags fit fine but if u do competition and want to run some, uhh, bigger, aftermarket mag bases, some have clearance issues. Taylor Freelance and Henning Group base plates work fine & have sufficient bevels, some others don't.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    It's a winner. Very pleased thus far. 100% reliable through the entire 2023 competition season. Zero feed, ejection, or ignition issues and that's not from babying it or immaculate cleaning rituals. It runs 100%. Speed and accuracy has been great. And the trigger is indeed less 'spongy' with good reset.
    Surprisingly, the subtle frame ergonomic differences in the upper grip area have left the biggest positive impression. Maybe just my big knuckles but that little bit of thinning down at the index finger and the bevel at the back thumb knuckle (beaver tail) makes it more pleasing to hold. The palm swell feels more effective, more like a good shotgun palm swell. Going back to the polymer frame feels like picking up a 2x4.

Couple minor gripes so far, none even close to being a regret, just annoyances.
    1st is the front grip insert, it gets loose & rattles, annoying. They should have just machined the serrations into the frame. But till then, it can be popped out by pressing on the backside (thru the mag well) and then reinstall it with a little dab of black silicon/rtv on the back side. Completely eliminated any movement, will it have to be reapplied?, maybe, hasn't yet.
    The other is the stupid "loaded chamber viewing hole" that they and several other manufacturers have been told by their lawyers to include on the top of the barrel. The da&% thing only serves to release just enough gas to slowly soot up certain optics (if the hood is too extended). And no, S&W does not offer a barrel without that friggin hole.

Also, just be aware...that mag well...she's not got much bevel/clearance.:whistle: Factory mags fit fine but if u do competition and want to run some, uhh, bigger, aftermarket mag bases, some have clearance issues. Taylor Freelance and Henning Group base plates work fine & have sufficient bevels, some others don't.
    Good to hear. I've been looking at this one since it came out. I can't speak from experience, obviously, but I've read from a few that a "dogtag" optic plate from Calculated Kinetics solves this problem. I too, would like barrels without that... "feature."

Top Bottom