• ...and so much more!
  • tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    Just picked my new Shield up.
    Fit and finish seems good, but the slide release is very tight.
    It takes pressing the release with to hands, to release the slide.
    I hope this works itself out with use.
    I will be taking it to the range later next week.

On the M&P it's considered a slide stop and the suggestion is to slingshot the slide instead of using the lever to release it like many other semi-autos. They even describe the process on the bottom of page 17 of the Owner's Manual.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I just picked up an M&P9c and I love it! I will eventually have to have one of these for when even the little 9c is a touch too big to carry.

I really like the concept of a slim single stack M&P, I love my full size. But I really need to see a M&Pc and shield in person. I am having a hard time deciding from pictures if there is really that big of a difference.

There is

Traded my Glock 23 today for the Shield. Can't wait to go shoot it

Didn't think I'd ever read "Traded my Glock..." in this forum. :):

OkieGirl got to handle one yesterday, liked it alot. She has a 9c and says yes, it is just a bit big for IWB carry. Says she's going to save up her $$ and sweet talk Simon6101 for one.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Did Not Do A Good Job

On the M&P it's considered a slide stop and the suggestion is to slingshot the slide instead of using the lever to release it like many other semi-autos. They even describe the process on the bottom of page 17 of the Owner's Manual.

I did not do a good job of explaining my concerns. I had read pg. #17.
    With the slide held back, the slide will not release until the slide stop
    lever is pushed. Even with the slide held back, the slide stop lever is
    EXTREMELY hard to push. Hopefully, this will work itself out with a little
    range time.
    I really do like my Shield. It has every feature I want, and none that I
    don't want.

tgmorris99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Westfield
    I did not do a good job of explaining my concerns. I had read pg. #17.
    With the slide held back, the slide will not release until the slide stop
    lever is pushed. Even with the slide held back, the slide stop lever is
    EXTREMELY hard to push. Hopefully, this will work itself out with a little
    range time.
    I really do like my Shield. It has every feature I want, and none that I
    don't want.
    If what you are saying is that you are unable to actually rack the slide back far enough to release the slide stop w/o also pushing down on the slide stop then is sounds like you should probably call S&W about a return label.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I had one of these in my hands this past week. My Lady and I have been looking for an auto for her. The deal breaker for her thus far has been "rackability". For those who have/are gone/going through this, she could work the slide.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    My problem, not the Shield

If what you are saying is that you are unable to actually rack the slide back far enough to release the slide stop w/o also pushing down on the slide stop then is sounds like you should probably call S&W about a return label.

Went down to the shooting range where I purchased my Shield. The problem I was having, is not with the Shield, but with ME.
    Shield is fine, owner is embarrased.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I had one of these in my hands this past week. My Lady and I have been looking for an auto for her. The deal breaker for her thus far has been "rackability". For those who have/are gone/going through this, she could work the slide.

THANK YOU! I have been dealing with the same thing with my wife. She can rack the bigger slides but the smaller the pistol gets she has a real hard time. Gonna have to take her to try one out now for sure. Anybody know if anyone has one to rent at a range and try out anywhere?

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Completely forget I had this thread. I'm a failure at "journals".

I fired 150 flaw free rounds, including more Federal Hydra-Shok. My recoil guide rod & spring assembly are still doing great! I think the other forumgoer I saw with the issue must have gotten a fluke :shrug:. And another thing, I did have the white of my front dot sight fall out completely, but toothpick + bright white paint = 4tw until I order night sights through S&W.

I LOVE this gun so much I sold off the other handgun(s) I bought soon after, I shoot the Shield better than P229's & P226's with SRT's apparently! And the light felt recoil just makes it that much sweeter.

My only problem now is that I haven't bought an abundance of 9mm to shoot through the Shield. I have no doubt in my mind it'll go bang when I pull the trigger.

Top Bottom