• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brazilbilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Clay county
    I have a S&W M&P Shield 40. A Guy has offered to trade me a bitone Springfield XDs 45 for it.

The trade on my end would include 3 extra mags and 200 rounds of ammo. On his end it would include just the gun and what it came with from the factory.

I like the Shield 40, but have always been drawn to the XDs 45.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

IndyT0m

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Personally, I would keep the Shield. I do like the XDs but not in a 45 and neither did a lot of other people that's why Springfield came out with their XDs 9mm.
    It's all personal preference. I love the 45 caliber in a 1911 or Full Size Gun but prefer a 9mm or 40 S&W for my defense gun.
    Whatever you decide make sure the XDs you are trading for is Post Recall or if not that the gun has been repaired under factory warranty. Springfield came out
    with a voluntary recall just after the Recall for the Shield was announced. Accidental discharge is possible when the slide is released or double fire when the trigger
    is pressed once. Both potentially dangerous issues that need to be addressed. If it were me I would keep the Shield.

jmartin72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Covington
    My EDC is a Shied in 40, and I have shot the XDs 45 that belongs to a guy I work with many times. IMHO I would keep the Shield. The XDs is way too small a gun to be chambered in 45.

knot4u

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Anderson
    Personally, I would keep the Shield. I do like the XDs but not in a 45 and neither did a lot of other people that's why Springfield came out with their XDs 9mm.
    It's all personal preference. I love the 45 caliber in a 1911 or Full Size Gun but prefer a 9mm or 40 S&W for my defense gun.
    Whatever you decide make sure the XDs you are trading for is Post Recall or if not that the gun has been repaired under factory warranty. Springfield came out
    with a voluntary recall just after the Recall for the Shield was announced. Accidental discharge is possible when the slide is released or double fire when the trigger
    is pressed once. Both potentially dangerous issues that need to be addressed. If it were me I would keep the Shield.

I agree with staying with the shield, but if it was the xds 9 I would probably have to trade. I got a chance yesterday to try the xds 9 at the range and was thrilled at the performance!! This said I still carry the xd 9 but maybe not for long!! It just works for me

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    I have a 9mm Shield and an XDs in 9mm and 45. I think the XDs 45 is worth the trade. I never liked the recoil of a sub compact
    40 over a sub compact 45. Yes less rnds ,but it will hold 7 + 1 like a 1911. Good luck

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I got rid of my shield .40 in favor of an xds .45 and I couldn't be happier.

Not much difference in recoil IMHO. .40 in such a small package is snappy, and .45 in that small of a package has a bit of recoil. Both are easily manageable with a good grip.

Brazilbilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Clay county
    I have decided to keep my Shield 40. I think I would regret trading it. I will probably buy an XDs 45 in the future. That way I will have both!
    Thanks for the replies.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I have a S&W M&P Shield 40. A Guy has offered to trade me a bitone Springfield XDs 45 for it.

The trade on my end would include 3 extra mags and 200 rounds of ammo. On his end it would include just the gun and what it came with from the factory.

I like the Shield 40, but have always been drawn to the XDs 45.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

Simple, pick the one made in the USA.

Top Bottom