Indianapolis
    Anyone not have a basic one yet?

mail

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Still waiting for a 2.0 at about that price myself.

Picked up my 2.0 on Friday, ordered from Combat Armory and transferred through USDS for less than OP's posted price.
    Took it out today and put 100 rounds through it and shot my 2.0 Compact and my 22 Compact as well.

Now on the hunt for cheap mags and a King Tuk for it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Picked up my 2.0 on Friday, ordered from Combat Armory and transferred through USDS for less than OP's posted price.
    Took it out today and put 100 rounds through it and shot my 2.0 Compact and my 22 Compact as well.
    Now on the hunt for cheap mags and a King Tuk for it.

1. Way to go! I can't believe you found a 2.0 for less than the $300 already!
    2. Your patience was rewarded.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    The Dodger sold me a nice one with plenty of mags, I took it to the range and while it shot very well, the grip for my paws would need a grip sleeve or something, I would not hesitate to carry one if I had too, but mines now cleaned and put in the safe marked for a grandson who is only six, so it might sit for ten years at least before I commence to training him on it If I am still around. Anyway its his on his twenty-first if they can still own and carry by then.
    Thanks again Doddg.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The Dodger sold me a nice one with plenty of mags, I took it to the range and while it shot very well, the grip for my paws would need a grip sleeve or something, I would not hesitate to carry one if I had too, but mines now cleaned and put in the safe marked for a grandson who is only six, so it might sit for ten years at least before I commence to training him on it If I am still around. Anyway its his on his twenty-first if they can still own and carry by then.
    Thanks again Doddg.

1. I bought that from a great guy here that I've bought other guns from: it is fun to see them stay "in the family."
    2. That Shield was my benchmark for 9mm CC and the range for over a year: an eternity for me. :laugh:
    3. It fit well for me; I have a grip sleeve that I used for another gun, but didn't need it for the Shield: you must have paws, not hands. :rofl:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Thanks again Doddg.

If you decide you want to part with some mags for a reasonable price, let me know.

You do have to adjust your grip a bit on the smaller single stacks compared to the double stacks. Definitely have to concentrate a bit more on mechanics when shooting the smaller guns. This one will likely be replacing my Glock 43 in the carry rotation when I get some sights, holster and mags for it and wring it out a bit more.
    I definitely need to get a mag loader. Those Shield magazines (especially brand new with fresh springs) eat your thumbs. I thought the M&P mags were bad (compared to Glock mags), but these Shield mags are thumb busters.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    If you decide you want to part with some mags for a reasonable price, let me know.

You do have to adjust your grip a bit on the smaller single stacks compared to the double stacks. Definitely have to concentrate a bit more on mechanics when shooting the smaller guns. This one will likely be replacing my Glock 43 in the carry rotation when I get some sights, holster and mags for it and wring it out a bit more.
    I definitely need to get a mag loader. Those Shield magazines (especially brand new with fresh springs) eat your thumbs. I thought the M&P mags were bad (compared to Glock mags), but these Shield mags are thumb busters.

1. As "cheap" as I am (which I think word is out that is a frame of mind not tied to my wallet, ha!), one of of the first things I did was buy a $32ish loader for 9mm - 45acp.
    2. I'd even get one for my .22s but there doesn't seem to be a one-size-fits all. I only need it for the ones that don't have a "protrusion" on both sides of the mag, where I can use my horse-like thumbnail to pull down the spring for loading. :laugh:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    1. As "cheap" as I am (which I think word is out that is a frame of mind not tied to my wallet, ha!), one of of the first things I did was buy a $32ish loader for 9mm - 45acp.
    2. I'd even get one for my .22s but there doesn't seem to be a one-size-fits all. I only need it for the ones that don't have a "protrusion" on both sides of the mag, where I can use my horse-like thumbnail to pull down the spring for loading. :laugh:

Yep, up until recently, it was all Glock for me as far as semi auto and those mags are easy on the thumb. I'll get a Maglula soon.

Top Bottom