• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    With the big bore revolvers it sure can. The gun is already moving under recoil before the bullet exits the barrel and the substantial increase in recoil (and it is substantial) causes the higher point of impact as the barrel is angled up a bit more. I've certainly never noticed nearly as much difference with semi-autos in the standard duty calibers.

Yep, one of the dynamics of revolver recoil demonstrated there.
    Semiautos generally also have a much lower bore axis than comparable revolvers, plus the slide coming rearward tends to spread out the duration of the recoil, also tending to lower the point of impact a bit more than comparable revolvers.

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    I hope to have the same luck with the 29-2 I just bought. I bought it as a shooter... It started life as a blued gun and appears to have been coated in a stainless steel look. Guy threw in 100 rounds as well... just haven't had the free time to fire it yet. Love the feel of it and the look.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    300 gr Hornady Critical Defense. They are a hand full. I shoved one down a bit in anticipation, but otherwise they grouped well. Point of Impact is higher than Point of Aim. The gun shoots dead nuts with 240gr loads, but about 14" high at 25y with 300gr.
    I've had similar experiences with my Ruger Blackhawk Hunter. It's a laser with factory 240gr. loads. Upon switching over to 44 Specials I have to aim way low because the bullet takes forever to exit the 7.5" barrel. Shoots 'em about 6" high at 15 yards. Granted it's a plow grip and not a Bisley/Double action revolver.

Top Bottom