• ...and so much more!
  • top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    does any one know if extended mag releases and extended safetys are available and from who?

i have one with a randall fung target grip and the factory ones are a pain to use...daryll

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    S&W model 41

I've been shooting the 41 for 50 years or so and I've never seen or heard of an extended mag release or safety. I also use the Randall Fung grips and really like them. You might ask Mr. Fung if he's ever heard of such things. He might have a solution for your problem.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    I've been shooting the 41 for 50 years or so and I've never seen or heard of an extended mag release or safety. I also use the Randall Fung grips and really like them. You might ask Mr. Fung if he's ever heard of such things. He might have a solution for your problem.

thank you for the reply. i've shot this one for about 15 years, and lately have been shooting a 45 which has extended slide release and safety. that is what got me thinking about doing this to the 41. granted, the guns are used for different style shooting but was curious if any had been heard of for the 41...daryll

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    model 41 mods

I don't know why I didn't think of this yesterday. (I guess I'm getting old) You might check with Jim Clark at Clark Custom Guns. They have been around for many, many years and are experts on the 41. Good luck in your search.

top hat 45

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    northern shelby co.
    thanks for the replies, looked at jim clarks website and they dont show anything there, think i'll call them tomorrow. i know his daughter uses a 41 for steel comp.

i that doesn't work i probably will buy some stock parts and weld on them.

Top Bottom