• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    S&W has a lifetime service policy, but as you state they do indicate to the original purchaser. Although most manufacturers, including S&W often don't ask if you are the original purchaser or not. I'd call them back and see if you can't get a different customer service rep.

Service Info - Smith & Wesson

The Smith & Wesson Advantage™

In addition to providing some of the highest quality products available today, Smith & Wesson is committed to providing our customers with support and services second to none. When you purchase a Smith & Wesson handgun, you receive the Smith & Wesson Advantage™, comprised of four service features:

1. Lifetime Service Policy

We will repair any defect in material or workmanship without charge to the original purchaser for as long as you own the handgun.

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    I just got back from the range an hour ago. I sprayed some rem oil on the slide rails and on the barrel while the slide was in the locked position. It helped a lot although I still had 2 feed failures.

I would do what WebSnyper suggested and see if you can get by with that.

sturge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Madison County
    I sent it to Smith and Wesson for repairs twice. The replaced the extractor both times and all three magazines the last time. Also stated that they test fired it. It would have feed problem again after 30 rounds no matter what factory ammunition I was using. I was tired of problem and wife gave my approval to upgrade so I sold it and purchased a Taurus 1911. I'm much happier with it.

Jdalton765

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Muncie, Indiana
    I just bought a Sigma 40, shot about 100 rounds so far with no issues other than some plastic piece behind the clip falling out? I'm also thinking about going ahead and trading it in on a glock or something of higher quality

Top Bottom