• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Q & A with Miguel on S&W Sigma series pistols...

Q: Does the trigger suck?
    A: Yes!

Q: (asked in a French guy voice) The pistol, does she go bang every time you squeeze zat crappy trigger?
    A: Oui! (yes)

Q: (asked with the voice of a young Peter O'Toole) Does Smith & Wesson stand behind the bloody thing with a warranty should I have any troubles?
    A: Indeed, sir!

Q: (asked in the voice of Monty Python's Mr. Gumby) BUT SHOULDN'T I SAVE ANOTHER $300 AND BUY SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS MORE POP-U-LAR?
    A: If you have extra time and money, sure, it's a free country.

In summary (and in Confucious' own voice)...Confuscious say, Zombie who break in late at night will not know, ask or care what 147gr projectile is launched from when accepting said projectile into center of his own mass.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I had one, and I just dumped it. The trigger pull is horrendous, and the milling is rough. It is maybe the worst polymer pistol made today. It is good for target practice, if you dont mind missing the bullseye because of the terrible trigger.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    <in French guy voice -- the one guarding the French castle in the Holy Grail movie -- from post above>
    Thank you all so much for ze rep, I do appreciate it!

I am considering it a challenge for the warm weather time to actually shoot the Sigma series pistol in a video I will make for you, showing how this pistol can make the same holes in a bonhomme paper man at 5 meters like the Glock and -- MON DIEU!!! -- like ze 1911 pistol the doughboys have used to help free my people from ze Huns.

p.s. Also note, the Sigma pistol is the gift that keeps giving on the Internet forums: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...and_revolvers/197639-smith_sigma_sw40gve.html

</end French guy from Holy Grail movie's voice>

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Q & A with Miguel on S&W Sigma series pistols...

Q: Does the trigger suck?
    A: Yes!

Q: (asked in a French guy voice) The pistol, does she go bang every time you squeeze zat crappy trigger?
    A: Oui! (yes)

Q: (asked with the voice of a young Peter O'Toole) Does Smith & Wesson stand behind the bloody thing with a warranty should I have any troubles?
    A: Indeed, sir!

Q: (asked in the voice of Monty Python's Mr. Gumby) BUT SHOULDN'T I SAVE ANOTHER $300 AND BUY SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS MORE POP-U-LAR?
    A: If you have extra time and money, sure, it's a free country.

In summary (and in Confucious' own voice)...Confuscious say, Zombie who break in late at night will not know, ask or care what 147gr projectile is launched from when accepting said projectile into center of his own mass.

Thanks for the translation, I would have been lost without it. :):

I agree with your post, it sums up all the things I read on the infamous Sigma.
    I do like the grip of the Sigma though, with a better trigger they would sell a lot more of those.
    The OP could get a used Glock for just $150 or so more.
    A Glock or something else, but since the Sigma was made to compete with the Glock 19, if im not mistaken, I would go with the original and get a used Glock 19.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Thanks for the translation, I would have been lost without it. :):

I agree with your post, it sums up all the things I read on the infamous Sigma.
    I do like the grip of the Sigma though, with a better trigger they would sell a lot more of those.
    The OP could get a used Glock for just $150 or so more.
    A Glock or something else, but since the Sigma was made to compete with the Glock 19, if im not mistaken, I would go with the original and get a used Glock 19.

I knew you'd show up!!!

It's all good, my relatives came here from Montreal back in the day... :D

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Doing some more looking I can get a ruger lc9 for just a little more cash. I don't see any bad info in the ruger, I think I will be happier that way.

rooster3654

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Knox County
    I have one. It's not a terrible gun but the trigger pull is a heavy one. However holsters and magazines are a Little hard to find because it's not as popular as a glock. That's the only reason I'm thinking about getting rid of mine. Lack of accessories.

GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    I had the SW9ve and I liked it a lot. Yes, the trigger was stiff but for an SD gun, I liked that feature. That is the big deal breaker for a lot of folks but it didn't bother me. There are spring kits or DIY fixes that can be done to lighten the trigger pull if so desired, but I opted to keep mine stock.

I shot it better than my Ruger P95. I tried a variety of ammo (hp and fmj) with no issues. I traded it for the SW40ve since I wanted to try a larger caliber, and that pistol has been reliable too. So both models have been great in my experience. The point about accesories is good: the rail on the Sigma is not universal as on most other pistols. You need to buy lights or lasers made for it or else install an adapter which has the standard rail. Not a big deal to me as I do not hang anything on my pistols.

For $300 I think they are a great deal. Now S&W makes the SD9 which is a step up from the Sigma (but not on par with M&P) and from what I hear, they have much better triggers. I think they are around $100 more that Sigma but $100 less than M&P.
    ---
    GB!

cluznar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    If the Sigma feels good in your hand then buy it and get a Trigger job done to it.

Or just buy a Ruger SR9 :draw:

JesseJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Between here and there
    I have a sigma 9mm, polished feed ramp anddid a trigger job ( dont buy wolf striker spring kit, you get light strikes). Trigger pull is about half what it was about 5lbs now. I have also heard of guys removing the pig tail spring.:twocents:

gunsrfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Had one in .40 sold it to buy and m&p. Better trigger, adjustable grips, manageable recoil, more options accessorize.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    I bought one when they first came out. A buddy wanted to buy it, so I let him have it. I had shot it maybe 100 rounds. We took it out one Saturday and ran around 500 rounds thru it. Had a few hangups, but it really smoothed up when we were done. he still has it and wouldn't sell it for nothing. It's a great shooter now.

I guess it's probably had 2,000 thru it so far.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I had the same pistol but in .40. The trigger on mine wasn't that bad. I traded it to another member because I didn't want a .40 cal. I have 9s and .45acp.

Dave

rlidgard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    NWI
    had one on 40 cal. shot one mag through it. then sold it. my least favorite i have ever own. but it was my second pistol i bought. now i know better. and the taurus millenium is even worse. try out a ruger p95 or keltec p9. if your trying to stay around 300. bersas arent bad either

Top Bottom