• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    just recently bought a s@w sigma in 40cal. Ive only shot 2 mags thru it so far. Anyone had any experiance with these? I've read good and bad reviews. Got it at ks@e guns for $329. Has a $50 rebate and 2 more mags. I thought $279 for the gun and 4 mags wasnt a bad deal.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    side-by-side with a glock when you field strip them they look identical in design.
    And they are.lol

I own 4 glocks and two sigmas. I wish I would have bought the sigs first, I would have saved more money and not been like everybody else.

But some people just like the name on the side of the pistol its like a 12 year old kid who wants a pair of jordans, they aren't going to make him play better he is just going to look like everyone else.lol

Buy it shoot it. I can shoot with a tea bag if need be. A weapon is a weapon.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    here is one I took a pic of. Picked it up for $249 plus the mail in rebate for $50 and two mags. :cheers:

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    I can speak from experience that you get what you pay for with the Sigma. I've had 2 sw40v's in the past 10 years. I bought them used. They worked ok. A few fte and ftf here and there. Save your money and buy a glock, m&p or xd.

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    If you didn't like the first one why would you buy the second.lol:rolleyesedit:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    You know, at $100 each I could see buying a pair of them.
    not because they are amazing firearms. But as firearms to take to the range to let friends shoot. Nice thing about having a "cheapish" pistol in the safe is you can take it to the range, loan it to folks, and if it breaks you're a lot less upset about it. ;)

I didn't see any sigmas for less than ~ $275 at the 1500
    at that price I think I'd have found the extra $200 and purchased a Glock or XD (I like the XD a lot better than the Glock, Pami likes the Glock better.)

The M&P was at the top of my list before I found i can't easily reach the slide release without adjusting my grip even using the small back strap. To me that was a deal breaker :(

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I owned two of the original SW40F model Sigmas back in 1994-95. The primary reason I got rid of them is that 1) I don't need or want any guns in .40, and 2) the triggers were just too bad for me to tolerate. Other than that, they were reliable.

The Sigmas of today suffer from the reputation of the early guns, mostly being perpetuated by people who never fired one. The current versions are more reliable and the triggers are significantly improved. For $330, they are a decent bargain. Unfortunately the improvements came too little, too late.

Top Bottom