• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Has anyone shot one of these? Or ideally, does anyone own one? I held the 9mm RO OP a few weeks ago and holy crap was it nice. Smoother than my TRP (not kidding), but not as tight and obviously not as well finished and such. The thought of picking up a 10rnd railed 9mm for under a grand to play around with is mighty tempting. I hear the 9mm 1911's shoot like a dream, but I haven't fired one yet.

Opinions?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    GluemanZ28 has a 9mm Springer (not surr of the model) that he let me shoot. I loved it. Very light recoil, fast followup shots and just plain fun and easy to shoot.

If I liked 1911's, I'd buy one.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    My significant shoots one, it was her engagement present from me. She has smaller hands and the 1911 platform is perfect for her and in 9mm the lower recoil and weaker recoil spring make it great for her to handle, heck I love shooting it. It is both very accurate and very reliable, I have her shooting 124s in it.

blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Good to know! This would likely be a spouse gun for me as well. She likes my CZ, but likes the 1911 as well (minus the .45 recoil). I wouldn't mind being able to shoot/own a 9mm 1911, but until recently they were either too expensive or I was too worried about the reliability. Apparently the SA 9mm is great though. How many rounds do you have through yours?

superluckycat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2016
    Madison
    Buddy has one. Shoots soooooper soft as stated. And that was shooting factory ammo. With some 147 grain low PF rounds it would be dreamy. Yes I said dreamy.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I have a stainless SA range officer in 9mm and I love it. It is a wonderful shooting pistol. To date almost 1000 rounds down range and no issues at all. It eats everything I feed it. Someone told me shooting my 1911 in 9mm is like cheating it's that nice. =Jason

blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Buddy has one. Shoots soooooper soft as stated. And that was shooting factory ammo. With some 147 grain low PF rounds it would be dreamy. Yes I said dreamy.

I have a stainless SA range officer in 9mm and I love it. It is a wonderful shooting pistol. To date almost 1000 rounds down range and no issues at all. It eats everything I feed it. Someone told me shooting my 1911 in 9mm is like cheating it's that nice. =Jason

This information...this is not what my wallet needs to hear. But man I'm liking it. Could make a great IDPA gun as well! If the 9mm Op is really this nice, my CZ with have some stiff competition.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    of course you could own more than one Springer and have 9mm and 45acp both!

db046048-64ca-427f-9ba9-b722fe4cd535_zpsv5pjij28.jpg

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I was originally looking at the Springer RO Champion in 9mm.... Then I decided to spoil myself with a Wilson Combat Professional in 9mm. After trying their triggers side by side in the store when I picked up the WC, I found out where the extra $2k goes when buying a WC... Fit & (especially) Trigger

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    This information...this is not what my wallet needs to hear. But man I'm liking it. Could make a great IDPA gun as well! If the 9mm Op is really this nice, my CZ with have some stiff competition.

I bought mine to shoot ESP in IDPA. Only thing I did to it was change the grips and a full length guide rod. -Jason

I don't know where you live but I live close to Point Blank on the Southside, I would be willing to meet up one night there to let you try her out if you would like. -Jason

Last edited:

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I have a 9mm RO ( and a .45 ) & it is definitely a soft shooter & accurate. Still totally stock and has not missed a beat. I had a severe left arm/wrist injury followed by multiple surgeries last year. Got this to shoot during recovery, much of it strong arm only and it allowed me to shoot a bunch much more easily than other caliber guns.

Jmak

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I bought one last year. No problems but one. The chamber was too tight for my reloads. I think Lee Precision made a Bulge Buster to fix it but have not bought one just loaded up on manufactured 9 s. I like it. I picked up a Wilson mag to add another round and it works fine as do the RO s that came with the pistol.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    For a long time I consider a 2011 in 9mm but the $2000.00 price tag and the $70.00 magazines just completely rule it out for me, I did buy a SA loaded target and it's a nice gun but with the 10 rdn capacity is not the optimal self defense tool. Like others mention it has very mild recoil impulse so it's a dream to shoot, I recently purchased a Sig P226 Legion SAO 9mm and I'm impressed as 21 rdn capacity with +2 magazines with a very mild recoil impulse also. The P226 Legion is outstanding out of the box for a combat SAO with a 5 # trigger.

Top Bottom