• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    A friend of mine teaches a 300 level business ethics class for a local college. She just kicked a student out of her class for plagiarism on a business ethics paper.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Too lazy to think, but that won't stop the expectation of an $80K job on graduation.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    pyjmlh.jpg

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Thats some great irony there longbow... I've had a few issues with plagiarism in the not too distant past.

Yeah, some kids just don't care! It's one thing to rewrite something, cite it and your ideas and what you gleaned. But it's another thing to just copy and paste... A friend of mine figured out how to beat the plagiarism software our school used which came in big but not how you'd think. I had a professor accuse me of plagiarism due to the similarities of my paper to certain sources 30 or 40% this is according to the software you use to turn in the paper.

After some arguing I finally said "Look if I wanted to plagiarize the paper I would have. I know how to beat the software... I could have submitted what you are accusing me of using word for word and it would have shown 0% similarities..." After not believing this was true and more arguing, I explained/demonstrated how this could be done. The whole "you plagiarized" thing was quickly dropped and they moved to a state of disbelief and what seemed like panic I think. However I did pass the class :)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A friend of mine teaches a 300 level business ethics class for a local college. She just kicked a student out of her class for plagiarism on a business ethics paper.

That's funny. I failed a student once and had to explain myself to the Dean.

Top Bottom