• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ghostface

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2017
    Grant Co
    I went in there once during good gun pricing times looking for a 92FS. They were asking $650 for a used one that at the time was going for $500 new online. This is what makes me order everything online.

They were really bad fir doing that in the 90s, I had stopped buying from them until about 3 years ago. I mostly bought reloading supplies. I hate to see a local shop go under.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You are starting to just be obnoxious.
    My friend I have at least 1 or more of these folks every day that just absolutely have to have the last word regardless. No matter I was as polite as possible in asking to stay on track it is that I even mentioned it. Then the twisting and turning. It is near laughable these days.

I am sure these cats are OK people out in the real.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Very sad to hear this. McDonald’s is my favorite shop by far. I always felt treated as a customer regardless of how much money I spent there. That’s why it’s always busy there, Jeff values his customers

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't know if it a choice, but rather necessary. Distribution and manufactures need products to move as well. Large stores move products.
    For whatever reason it's sad to see them shut down. Two have shut down in my area in the last 6 months because they can't get anything in. They sold everything on hand and not at going rate at the rate they paid for it and the mark up they needed to keep the doors open. So whoever says they treat people badly is wrong. The lgs in my area go above and beyond to help their customers.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    As per usual in my life I was too busy to go in there. Made it once and enjoyed it. Said I would go back but never did.

Shame all around.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    All the small guns shops I have been to in 10 states are mostly all the same with a few expectations. If your not a regular, Its not a pleasant experience. They dont have good customer service. Big box stores do.
    When "new ppl to the gun world" come in then get talked down too, it doesnt make a good impression. Anti social gun nuts starting a shop to fed there gun habbit. Then they hire their anti social online buddy to work there. Or some of the older owners are so jaded they dont give a crap. I cant count how many times I have gotten one word answers or ignored from the staff or owner of gun shops. I dont expect the red carpet. Just dont scowl at me when I ask a question or to see a gun. I wear a ball cap, peral snap shirt, jeans and boots 99% of the time. (Saying that before someone says i dress unacceptable for them).

I have never been to the shop the op stated. So not a direct comment to it.

This pandemic social unrest and election cycle has kept crappy stores open that would have shut down if it never happened.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    For whatever reasons, we sure are losing shops. Locally we have one which has shut down completly near Batesville and a bigger one in Greensburg is now only open 3 or 4 days a weeek. When he is open, he doesnt have much in stock. I only see it getting worse and worse.

PML

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Grant County
    Sorry to see them go. I didn't make it in there as frequently as I'd like to.

Well, looks like I have a few more months to drop in.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I need a bead put on a shotgun. Is that in the wheelhouse for them?

Was just going to do it myself, but I haven't gotten around to it in a few years.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I need a bead put on a shotgun. Is that in the wheelhouse for them?

Was just going to do it myself, but I haven't gotten around to it in a few years.
    They use a gunsmith just North of Sweetser for all their work. His card is on the counter in the gunshop. Or give them a call and they will hook you up.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Sorry to question your business expertise. You must have never worked in a gun shop. Most of the time 50% is the max. I don't know, I wasn't there to see that particular deal. Maybe that shop is a one in a million. If you don't believe 50% is the high side take a gun into a shop and see what you walk out with.

I've gone in and traded / & or / sold for cash several handguns to my LGS -- I've always gotten well over 50%.

Seems you need to find a different shop to buy/trade at.

YMMV

Top Bottom