• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I swear, this ***hole better be charged. What kind of a moron fired blindly into a wooded area.................

"I thought it was a coyote attack"

You thought wrong, and now a young man is dead because of it.....

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    There's always the chance he was drunk, high, mad, or any other altered frame of mind. He may have thought it was a "bad guy", then realized his error and he didn't want to have to explain himself? I don't know, it just seems like people who land themselves into a pile a crap tend to start changing the story to whatever gets them off the hook or softens punishment the most.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    This bozo is who gives us fellow gun owners a bad name. All it takes is one goof and the rest of the non-gun owning nation think we are all irresposible and criminal.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    My prayers and sympathy go out to the young mans family. The shooter should be charged, and hopefully jailed over this stupidity. Shooting at a noise is one of the dumbest things anyone could do over a noise. What could he possibly have thought that coyotes were attacking that shooting at it wouldnt do as much or more damage than just leaving it to nature?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Based on no more than what we know so far, if I were sitting on the jury the shooter would have a long time to sit and think about his actions, behind bars! I doubt if anyone on this board can come up with the proper words to use to describe this guy.

Crydaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    His defense was he thought it was coyotes and fired from a distance? Seriously, a responsible gun owner would make sure what is down his sight before firing. I'd die if something like this happened to my kid.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I know the area and have family that live a couple of miles away. I'm not certain who the shooter is, but I would bet dollars to donuts that someone I know knows them. I do know some of the nearest neighbors.

The story sounds suspicious, but I can't pass judgment yet without more info.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Very disturbing with just the reports we have at this time. A family outing turns tragic. Prayers for the victims family. :(

Just a blatant disregard for gun safety, and now another stat for gun grabbers to rejoice in. It just slaps every responsible gun owner in the face. :xmad:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    His defense was he thought it was coyotes and fired from a distance? Seriously, a responsible gun owner would make sure what is down his sight before firing. I'd die if something like this happened to my kid.

This moron deserves prison time for this. I cannot believe this crap, or how this guy could be so negligent.

And, yes this clown took an innocent life and made all of us out to look like braindead hillbillies in the process.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    First and foremost, those of us with children can only imagine the horror of losing a child, especially in this way. My heart goes out to the parents and family of the victim.

The MSM is always on the lookout for any kind of shooting so you can best believe this one will make national news too. They love to paint all gun owners as "gun nuts" every chance they get. Unfortunately, either by design or by accident the shooter has given them more "ammunition".

I've been involved in the gun hobby more years than lots of folks have been alive and I cannot imagine taking a shot a something moving in the trees or brush without knowing what it is. At best it was the worst kind of negligence.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I guess the "I shot my neighbors cat" thread was no too far off from reality afterall.

Who shoots at noise?!? :dunno:

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    My question is, why didn't the Dad go up to the house and notify the Owner of the Property, that he and his kids were going out there? First Things First, If you have permission, notify the owner that you are there. I can't feel sorry for stupid. I can feel sorry for the Dad, because his son is paying for the Stupid.

With the current laws on the books, protecting your own property from trespass or criminal interference is justifiable. IC 35-41-3-2 Sec.2 paragraph c. and I think that paragraph a might cover this also, protection of a third party. It also states that the person using the force in section a, b, and c is not placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third party by reasonable means necessary.

IC 35-41-3
    IC 35-41-3-1 Legal Authority.

Last edited:

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    My question is, why didn't the Dad go up to the house and notify the Owner of the Property, that he and his kids were going out there? First Things First, If you have permission, notify the owner that you are there. I can't feel sorry for stupid. I can feel sorry for the Dad, because his son is paying for the Stupid.

With the current laws on the books, protecting your own property from trespass or criminal interference is justifiable. IC 35-41-3-2 Sec.2 paragraph c. and I think that paragraph a might cover this also, protection of a third party. It also states that the person using the force in section a, b, and c is not placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third party by reasonable means necessary.

IC 35-41-3
    IC 35-41-3-1 Legal Authority.

Rule #1 - Every gun is always loaded.
    Rule #2 - Never cover anything with the muzzle that you are not completely willing to destroy.
    Rule #3 - Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
    Rule #4 - Know your target and what is behind it.

Trespass or not. He should have identified his target and understood what he was shooting at. Legality aside, could you live with yourself knowing that you took the life of an innocent human being?

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    With the current laws on the books, protecting your own property from trespass or criminal interference is justifiable.
    Protecting your property from trespass with deadly force is not justifiable. You can use deadly force to protect from a forcible felony: yourself; others; dwellings or cars that are "reasonably assumed to be occupied" (I can't recall ICC off the top of my head, but I'm sure Bill of Rights will soon).

Protecting your property does not extend to firing blindly into the thicket.

I also want to know how you confuse car doors slamming and people talking for a coyote attack.

A lot does NOT add up here. At the very least, negligent homicide charges should be filed. At worst, aggravated assault and murder in the first degree (I would vote to acquit on those charges, but vote to convict on Negligent Homicide).

Top Bottom