• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Was the ambulance hit in the cab? It looked like the box part was pretty well in tact, so I figure the cab must have taken the brunt of the impact to kill both occupants. Are fastened seatbelts SOP in ambulances?

Was the girl injured? Her car looked pretty messed up... surprised she wasn't in critical condition as well.

Tdcompton

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's going to be a hard funeral to attend... Both young men were younger than myself.. Brothers on the other side of public safety, but brothers in the cause none the less.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Not sure what the 0.038 means at the time of the draw. We metabolize around 0.025 per hour. So if it took them longer than 1:40 to draw her blood at the hospital from the time of impact it's highly likely she was over the limit at the time of the accident.

I'd be interested to see the timing of things in the report.

Did she have an explanation for blowing the light? "Failed to come to a complete stop" is a rolling stop, not 35mph...

SOCOM242

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    My wife's knucklehead younger sister actually had the audacity to claim that most people her age (30) have DUIs and that "they're no big deal" (after it was revealed that both her and her husband each had one).

I *facepalmed*, hard...

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    My wife's knucklehead younger sister actually had the audacity to claim that most people her age (30) have DUIs and that "they're no big deal" (after it was revealed that both her and her husband each had one).

I *facepalmed*, hard...

D'oh! They're one of the biggest deals if you ask me. Some people...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    What was the caption or context of the picture? Just wondering if maybe it was published as a picture of someone involved in a car accident or if it was released after the fact she had alcohol in her system had been released.

Good question and good point. I was just searching for more information on the story and her name came up with this picture.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Tim and Cody were great people. They will be missed deeply. All too often I see drunk driver accidents. It never ceases to amaze me how the drunk comes out of it with little to no injuries.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I am not sure why we are referring to a driver under the legal limit as a drunk driver. The news also stated that the ambulance was driving 15-20 mph over the speed limit without a patient. There are multiple reasons for this accident.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I *facepalmed*, hard...

I have heard that these idiots wear the DUI "Awards" as a badge of honor.
    The world is changing my friends and we can not stop it.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    From everything I have read, the ambulance sliding at a high rate of speed down the street crashing into another vehicle, collapsing the roof of the ambulance, causing severe head trauma to both inside, is what killed them. The ambulance sliding at such a high rate was also due in part to their excessive speed (45-50 estimate) in a 30mph zone.

The other driver was speeding, ran a flashing red light and was slightly intoxicated. Not enough to be over the legal limit or I am sure charges would have been filed.

As sad as this is, She alone is not fully responsible for their deaths.

Top Bottom