Sad Story of lost hopes and cheating. Plus some good old Chicago race baiting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Loco179

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    The Jackie Robinson league cheated. They redraw their lines to get the best players from multiple leagues. They got caught. Now the league has to follow the rules. Can you imagine who is making it a race issue? Yep, good old tax evader Jessie Jackson.

Its horrible the kids had to be stripped. It is a teaching lesson though. Do not cheat. The rest of the world does not consider cheating honorable.

Little League strips Chicago team of U.S. championship, suspends coach - ESPN Chicago

This next link follows the amazing amount of racist comments. This is a actual editor of Ebony using slurs. I cannot even imagine how this is accepted. Can you imagine if anyone from any other publication had said this? Or god forbid FoxNews? They have been trying to destroy Fox for years.

Chicago Little League Team Stripped of Title for Cheating ? Liberals Scream ?RACISM? | Top Right News

What are we teaching these kids? That they have to cheat to win? That they need a extra advantage to compete? This league does have a history of punishing cheaters. They take fair and swift action. Why in the world is this accepted by any community?

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    In my view one of the saddest parts of this were some of the kids and parents who were basically saying "...well we KNOW we really won." So in their view, as long as you work really hard (at your cheating) it's still a victory. No, it's not! Cheating is cheating whether it's underinflating of footballs or using players who are outside your territory.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I not surprised that this happened......we've been watching professional sports athletes, politicians, business moguls and movie stars use some sort of deceptive measures (cheating, lying, scamming, etc) to get ahead, so of course children pick up on this and think that its ok to do these kinds of things.

the only thing these types of people are not teaching our kids, is to take personal responsibility for their actions.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I thought redrawing lines for your interest groups advantage was as American as apple pie?

Well it would figure that adults in Chicago would know all about gerrymandering.

While the cheating was probably initiated and done by the parents the kids knew what was going on too. Hey, here's my new teammate that I have never seen in my neighborhood, school, community that is now on my Little League team. Wonder if we can find any other great baseball players like him.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    We did wonder about that 72 yr old white guy (aka the natural) that was bused in from a Cleveland retirement home. He stood out like a sore thumb, but boy could he hit so we said nothin.'

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What is the difference between Mom A carting her kid from one end of the city to the other for practices and games and Mom B moving from one end of the city to the other for the purpose of playing for that loaded team?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My Dixie Youth teams would've all been disqualified if those types of rules were enforced. We always compiled our teams based on being friends and parents having known each other. It was nothing for kids from smaller towns like Newton, Daleville, and New Broctoj, to all play on a team from Enterprise.

Top Bottom