• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Just wanted to float some ideas here....

I live in a nice trailer cuz rent is $480 a month, we have 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, and we are only here till i get out of the army in less than 2 years.

That being said, my doors are rediculously narrow, the floor isn't exactly what I could call "sturdy." I don't want to spend good money on a nice safe that will actually fit in the house and not fall through the floor. And I plan to get out and buy a real safe after moving back to Indy.

So does it sound reasonable to get soemthign like this to have some semblence of security in the mean time like this.
    Stack-on 10 Gun Safe - Dick's Sporting Goods

When i know I'll be upgrading to something like this.
    Browning Tactical Gun Safe AR34F

Or should I get something like this untill I have room for the big boy.
    Browning Bronze Trimline BR16 Safe

How is resale value on safes? The main reason I am leaning towards a cheaper safe is because I don't want to lose half of what I paid into it selling it.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Transferring it 700 miles from Zionsville to Fort Bragg is not an option. I don't own a truck. That's another reason I don't want a huge one. I don't want to have to move it when i get out. And they will not be able to make a safe that is one size now that grows in 2 years, :lol:

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The Stack-On safes will "keep out the amateurs." They are better than the same company's sheet metal "locker" type gun cabinets, but aren't as durable as a "real" safe, and have no fire rating.

Also, gun safes are a lot like tents, in that the number they will hold and the number they will hold comfortably are much different. Take the advertised number and divide by two for a more realistic idea of capacity. My safes were advertised as 16-gun, but I can only get 8 or maybe 10 in each. Scopes and other accessories eat up a lot of room, especially when you're talking about Evil Black Rifles.

My :twocents:

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    That's why I want a large gun safe when I move back to Indy right, now I only have a few guns, between my lady and I we will not fill it. Most of it will probably have ammo in it in opposed to weapons honestly. I just don't want to drop a grand on a safe now, only to have to sell it for like $500 in 2 years to buy a $2500 safe. That would suck.

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Get a low end, California legal safe. It may not be fireproof, but won't fall through the floor either. And it will deter the yobs. And look for used, and ask around. You might find someone who's time is up that needs to sell one fast.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Does anybody know anything about a Liberty Safes FX-23? All of the models on the web site are like "colonial, lincoln, presidential, etc"

Edit: This is kidna time sensitive. Craigslist and whatnot.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I found a listing on this site that hopes to get $1000-1500 from a new one: Freedom Safe by Liberty Home and Gun Safe

Dimensions figure up to 22.5 cu. ft.

And this might help: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Freedom-Interior-Textured-Granite-Finish/dp/B0001FAASG]Amazon.com: Freedom Safe® 23 cu. ft. 3-in-1 Flex™ Interior Gun Safe with Textured Granite Finish: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Dunno how you found it, I couldn't find Freedom line anywhere which is the only thing I could find from the fx-23.

Here's a link to it. It's pretty similar looking to those. Though it says liberty and has single handle.

http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/spo/1435804812.html

I e-mailed liberty as well, Adrenaline is picking up the safe if if the guy that's supposed to show up tonight doesn't come.

Last edited:

clydesdale

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    affordable safe

wally world carries a sentry safe that is not firelined about 100 lbs built relativity well much better than those metal cabinets and you could drill through trailer floor to anchor i have one serves me well also no need to sell will move well firelining is what adds all the weight then you will have a additional bedroom safe,just my two cents good luck

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I have a 14 gun Sentry gun safe, the store I bought it at also had the Stack-On you linked to, but the Sentury was a little nicer and bigger for only $20 more, and at only a little over two hudred pounds, it's not to bad to move, even up stairs.

Also you might wait until black Friday, there'll be some great safe deals then; thats when I bought mine last year.

clydesdale

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    sentry safes

wal mart im sorry lots of people call it wally world,i bought mine the end of january two years ago marked down from 265 to 150,cheaper than those metal cabinets but i would have paid full price if i had to with kids even educated on guns i still sleep better having one they seem to be carrying a 14 gun now with electronic lock for a little over three hundred

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Whatever you get, go big! I bought a nice safe and outgrew it the moment I got it home! Not really but maybe 2 more long guns and it's full. whatever the number is (26 gun safe) divide it in half unless you want your guns piled on top of each other.

The stack on's help a little with security, but offer no fire protection, so it depends on what your goals are. I bought a mid-sized Liberty and it was 486 pounds empty. I doubt your trailer floor would like that much. I say a little with security because a good pry bar would open them in under a minute. But again, it depends on what your goals are. Good luck!

Top Bottom