• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Newburgh, IN
    Looking forward to today's Safety and Security Summit in Chrisney. Should be a great opportunity for professionals from all aspects of the security industry and law enforcement to come together and present real solutions to the security challenges facing us today.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Newburgh, IN
    Not a waste of time at all. There were representatives of several different law enforcement agencies, private security companies, corporations, the Indiana Intelligence Fusion Center, and others discussing relevant solutions totoday's many security concerns. It was an excellent opportunity ti network and connect with other professionals from around the area in order to pool resources and information in an effort to make our community as safe as possible. I will be attending again next year.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Unfortunately, 'networking and connecting' typically doesn't provide many practical solutions. And that can usually be done via phone, text, or e-mail.

Most often such 'seminars' only provide 'heightened awareness' information, which provides little benefit to the attendees who are often under 'heightened awareness' as a matter of course.

There's little true coordination, sharing of information beyond the bare, bare basics, and no specific plans of action evolve.

This is akin to some politician getting on television and stating to the general public to be 'more vigilant and aware', except there's coffee and doughnuts. Topics and discussions like 'increased vigilance and response to a terrorist threat' may 'sound' nice, but does little of practical value. Like a glorified "If you see something, say something" Neighborhood Watch meeting. And the cake probably isn't as good.

As I'm sure folks are well aware by now, there's very, very, VERY little cooperative involvement between the security guard 'walking the beat', the (perhaps armed) civilian, the LEO 'on the street', and other 'agencies'.

When actual cooperative training between and with these 4 groups come to fruition, then worthwhile action and real 'security' will begin to take place. Until that point in time, there's a lot of rhetorical conversation, but virtually no 'preventative measures'.

JMO, based on experience.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Newburgh, IN
    Typically, I couldn't agree more. The whole purpose of today's event, however, was to bridge that gap and bring all of these people together in order to begin the process of actually working together. Will it work? I have no idea. It has begun working other places around the country and we can do it here as well. I am as skeptical as anyone when it comes to coordinating anything between government and civilians, but I will certainly give it an honest effort. From what I saw today, there are many people on both sides of the fence taking tangible steps to make this happen.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Typically, I couldn't agree more. The whole purpose of today's event, however, was to bridge that gap and bring all of these people together in order to begin the process of actually working together. Will it work? I have no idea. It has begun working other places around the country and we can do it here as well. I am as skeptical as anyone when it comes to coordinating anything between government and civilians, but I will certainly give it an honest effort. From what I saw today, there are many people on both sides of the fence taking tangible steps to make this happen.
    ive been to this before and could have attended this one. They are a waste of valuable time for me. If you walked away feeling like your better than before you attended then that's great and all that matters.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Newburgh, IN
    I wouldn't say that I walked away feeling I am better. I did make some good contacts and have an opportunity to discuss real solutions to real problems with people that can work together to make necessary changes. To my knowledge, this group has not been assembled before in this area, so it was good to see people from law enforcement and the private security sector meet to discuss ways to work together.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    What does advertising have to do with it?

Better advertising = more potential customers

More customers paying $50 each = more revenue

More customers attending = more potential sales of the goods and services advertised.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Better advertising = more potential customers

More customers paying $50 each = more revenue

More customers attending = more potential sales of the goods and services advertised.
    These kinds of things usually advertise within the industry. When was the last time you saw a homeschool convention advertised?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    What does advertising have to do with it?

Well you see, the purpose of advertising is to make more people aware of an event or product. When something is advertised poorly, less people become aware of it than would be if it had been well-advertised. Ergo, had the event been more effectively advertised, our odd-toed ungulate friend may have been aware of it beforehand and actually been able to attend if desired rather than asking what it was in past tense. :thumbsup:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well you see, the purpose of advertising is to make more people aware of an event or product. When something is advertised poorly, less people become aware of it than would be if it had been well-advertised. Ergo, had the event been more effectively advertised, our odd-toed ungulate friend may have been aware of it beforehand and actually been able to attend if desired rather than asking what it was in past tense. :thumbsup:

Exactly!

See, he​ gets me.

Top Bottom