• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    When needed, 3M has clear safety glasses that fit over your regular specs.
    Probably the most economical too.
    I've worn 3M safety glasses over my eye glasses for years...never had an issue. I wear foam ear plugs under my hearing protection to help offset the 'gap' made by the 2 sets of stems holding the glasses in place over my ears.
    I didn't really take eye-protection seriously, while shooting, (hey, it's 'required', so let's do it) until about 15 years ago when, at an indoor range, a guy 5 bays over fired a .45acp round, that ricocheted off an angled barrier (that extended out about 1.5" and was shielding a steel pole in a wall), and the round came back and struck the lady next to me in the mouth, giving a nasty + ragged cut to her upper lip extending from the base of the nose down through the entire upper lip. The shooter was to my far right in the #1 bay...I was to his left, in the #4 bay...and the lady, who was injured, was to my left in the #5 bay...lucky it didn't knock a tooth out or worse??? We found the flattened bullet and the .45 acp shooter who fired the round, simply packed up his stuff and exited the premise, in the midst of all that was going on, rather quickly. The lady had to have plastic surgery to put her lip back together properly.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I work construction. Safety glasses are a must. My boss likes this website.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I bought cheap prescription safety glasses from Zenni, I think the frames were $25 and the lenses added $40 with free shipping. So $65 total. Not bad but cheaply made frames. I'll definately buy something better next time. I often just use Elvex safety glasses (as my prescription isn't that strong) in lieu of the prescription glasses.
    I've got those bendy titanium frames. I've sat on them a few times, stepped on them at least once, dropped them many times, and show people how they bend around without breaking many times.
    These frames are 6 yo now and the longest lasting frames I've owned. Well worth the extra money.
    I got the Trivex lenses. Lighter, clearer and a little stronger than normal safety lenses. Very costly more than my frames. However, I really like the extra clarity they gave. My eyes aren't the best so I try to get all the advantages I can get without surgery.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I've been buying and using wraparound Nemesis Rx safety glasses for anything that warrants using them. Originally found them at a welding supply store. The "Rx" version is a bifocal that has diopter options for lower portion of the lens next to the nose. Most of the lens is uncorrected. I don't use the reader portion for shooting, only for handling gear, ammo, etc. I get the 1.5 diopter as that's closest to what works for me in my reading glasses. Meets ANSI Z87.1+ impact standards and delivers 99.9 percent UV protection. They come in "smoke" for color neutral outdoor use and "clear" for indoor/night use. Marketed by Jackson Safety. I also use them for road cycling and at about $15 a pair, they're a hell of a lot cheaper than the designer "Gucci" cycling glasses that go for $75 and up. They're not scratchproof . . . you can't abuse them, tossing them around, cleaning them with sandpaper, or storing them in your rock polisher.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom