• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I misspoke. I should have said, firing many shots on the same target in succession. I'll just say that in the first few seconds of the introduction, I didn't find any techniques or tactics worth emulating and just end it there.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Not sure of his credentials. Help me out though, I am not tracking with what you are saying about emptying the gun at close range.

I don't get that either. The closer I am, the less time I have to stop the threat and more shots may be necessary to do that as quickly as possible. No time to fire one or two and then evaluate!

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    I had been trying to train with this guy for the better part of two years now.

He was supposed to come to Spencer, IN in the spring of the year (before I moved to Indy). I had to email him probably 5x to confirm my place in his class. Sent him payment, booked a hotel, etc etc.

Never received ANY further information about the class, well not until the day before when he graciously let me know that the class was cancelled. Thankfully I've since used the case of ammo, the new belt, the new holster, the mag holders, etc that I purchased for the class.

Of course he said he would be rescheduling in the fall of 2016, so I've since sent him a few emails about a reschedule date - never have heard back.

I don't care if he's the best instructor in the world, after seeing his customer service (or lack thereof) I can never endorse this schmuck.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I don't get that either. The closer I am, the less time I have to stop the threat and more shots may be necessary to do that as quickly as possible. No time to fire one or two and then evaluate!
    When the threat is no longer there, stop shooting. Training to shoot large number of shots isn't a good idea, especially if you have 5-7 rounds loaded and there might be multiple threats. One also needs to train to be aware of your surroundings, not just what is in front of you. I can't believe that this gentleman was trained as a LEO to shoot in the manner he demonstrates in the first few seconds of his video. That's my 2 cents. You can agree or disagree.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    When the threat is no longer there, stop shooting. Training to shoot large number of shots isn't a good idea, especially if you have 5-7 rounds loaded and there might be multiple threats. One also needs to train to be aware of your surroundings, not just what is in front of you. I can't believe that this gentleman was trained as a LEO to shoot in the manner he demonstrates in the first few seconds of his video. That's my 2 cents. You can agree or disagree.

I am sure we can disagree on any number of things. Most of the top trainers who have done this stuff for real and taught others to do it for real don't agree on a lot of things. The only thing I would caution is don't ever be surprised at anything from police training. Some of the best trained guys I have shot with are cops, and so are some of the worst. I mean REALLY bad. I was in a class last weekend where a retired military officer had scary bad gunhandling. Prior service guarantees nothing.

aspiringsnd

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    Westfield

He was supposed to come to Spencer, IN in the spring of the year (before I moved to Indy). I had to email him probably 5x to confirm my place in his class. Sent him payment, booked a hotel, etc etc.

Never received ANY further information about the class, well not until the day before when he graciously let me know that the class was cancelled. Thankfully I've since used the case of ammo, the new belt, the new holster, the mag holders, etc that I purchased for the class.

Of course he said he would be rescheduling in the fall of 2016, so I've since sent him a few emails about a reschedule date - never have heard back.

I don't care if he's the best instructor in the world, after seeing his customer service (or lack thereof) I can never endorse this schmuck.

I feel like you just read my mind...

I also signed up for the class in Spencer, confirmed, etc... Sent this guy loads of emails and never got a response until I was informed it was cancelled. Even then, I heard from a buddy who also signed-up that the class was cancelled... I had to request my refund.

I was also told it would be rescheduled -- and it hasn't been.

I'm not a huge fan of Tactical Response, so I was looking forward to meeting this guy and hoped it would pan out to be something positive... not so much.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I feel like you just read my mind...

I also signed up for the class in Spencer, confirmed, etc...

What about this guy initially appealed so much to the two you? Until this topic, I'd never heard of him or Sage Dynamics. Had to google after I read about it here.

aspiringsnd

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    Westfield
    What about this guy initially appealed so much to the two you? Until this topic, I'd never heard of him or Sage Dynamics. Had to google after I read about it here.

I heard about him through word of mouth from some guys that had a good experience.

He had a decent background, and while I may not subscribe to his vernacular, he makes some good points and seems to know what the heck he's doing.

Top Bottom