• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Im in the middle of ordering my parts for my saiga 12 conversion.. Should I go skeleton stock with AK grip. Or should I magpul it out?

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Well sell that cheap piece of crap to me then.... (evil grin)...

It shouldn't take too long to put back together, seriously.

And if it's in pieces (as long as everything's there) - you just sell it for a little less. I'm assuming that you shot it before you started the conversion?

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    If you insist on finishing the conversion - do it as simply as possible. pick any one of the Carolina Shooters Supply kits - NO forend,tri rail or anything, just a plain vanilla kit. Type is anybody's guess... I'd go with the cheapest. No mags (other that the bone stock one) needed.

Getting them dialed in the way _you_ want them is most of the fun of Saigas. Whoever buys it will complete the job.

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN I have 2 12rnd mags, 2 drums, and 1 10 rounder.. Its pretty cool. I took off the side plate, then tig welded all the holes so I wouldnt have to use those plugs.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Cheap advice... and it's worth exactly what you paid for it. :D

I'd sell the beast itself (converted or in parts) so long as everything's there. If you already have the conversion kit parts, include 'em. Stock mag only.

Then I'd sell the mags and drums separately. You may not get exactly what you paid for them - but you dang sure won't get that if they are all together. And assuming that you haven't used the drums yet <cough>922r<cough> :D You should be able to recoup decently on that. Depending on what you paid for the beast itself - you should be able to break even with luck. If those are MD 20 round drums I might be interested in one of them.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The used gun market is just like the classic car/harley market. I don't care that you have $20,000 in chrome on it, I want it flat black. Same for guns.

I don't care how much money you have in parts, I just want the gun.

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Im going with your guys advise, I ordered the bare essentials to get the conversion done.. It should be listed in the for sale section in about 4 days!

Travis Daniel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    I would either try and sell it the way it is or just do the conversion as simple as possible and try not to put to mucnh money into the conversion and get it done so you can sell it at a good price so you don't lose to much with all the expensive aftermarket costs.

Top Bottom