Saiga semi-automatic shotgun with 12 round magazine.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    I don't how many of you have had the privilege of getting to shoot one of these puppies but man was it a blast. Last Sunday me and two co-workers headed out to Crosley in North Vernon for a day of shooting. We loaded up everything from ar-15, uzi, fal, 12 guage shottys, 20 guage shottys, 30/30, mosin, and a couple of hand guns, and 22's. However, the most fun for me was my friends Saiga 12 guage semi automatic with a 12 round magazine...talk about power and feeling like a man.

Anyone else ever have the opportunity to unload 12 rounds in under 5 seconds before?

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Saigas are a blast.... one word of caution - unloading that much lead that fast gets addictive. It leads to wanting to get your own and go blow off some stress every so often. Ask me how I know... :D There are a good quantity of Saiga folks here. Several to the south of you, in fact. And from what I've seen - the Saiga gang here on INGO is always willing to share and help out. So _when_ you decide to take the plunge and engage in owning a Russian Lead Spewing Machine.... give us a yell...

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Travis -
    Here's how you do it:
    1) Fill up two or three 1 gallon milk jugs with water - preferably with food coloring in it
    2) Load up the Saiga with high brass loads (need enough power to cycle things, especially at first)
    3) Crank off one or two shots at some other target to make sure things are functional
    4) Once your sure that it's cycling ok - reload the mag and go down the line as rapidly as possible, blasting jugs.
    5) If you don't have a smile on your face at this point - you MUST be a Communist... :D
    6) As you clean up the mess and put the Saiga away, ponder the impact that this will have on your wallet. You know you're going to want to convert it and use hi-cap mags. Look up Caroolina Shooter Supply on the internet and peruse the conversion kits that you know you are going to buy. And yes, the Chaos rail. And the MD Arms 20 rd drum...

You can get all kinds of info here on converting it. Also check out forum.saiga-12.com. It's got a TON of good info all about Saigas. The forum is a little more R-Rated than this one is - just so you know. Have fun with it and yell as needed.

Top Bottom