• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    So my wife and I both just upgraded our phones to the S4 as our Christmas gifts. What are some must have aps on the S4? Anything we should know about our phones or settings we should set/change?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So my wife and I both just upgraded our phones to the S4 as our Christmas gifts. What are some must have aps on the S4? Anything we should know about our phones or settings we should set/change?

I finally got mine just before Thanksgiving. I'm still weeding the Samsung stuff out and watching vids for the optimum settings and usage. I've added a lot of the apps I use on the Nexus 7;
    Evernote
    Keep
    Drive
    Iheartradio
    Timely

I've been fiddling with Hangouts for texting along with Maildroid for email, but the jury is still out on them. I'm not a social network sort of guy, but I use Google+ for the picture backup storage along with Dropbox for the duplication.

Last edited:

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    just picked up the ATT version about a week ago (used off ebay for $375) and put it on the straight talk byop plan. Love the phone, just wish the bootloader was unlocked (was already upgraded to 4.2.2 MF3 version so wasn't lucky enough to get custom recovery/roms before the locked bootloader change). But even the stock rom (minus samsung/att bloatware that i removed via root/titanium backup) is worth it and don't even really need a custom rom IMO.

came from the Galaxy S2 which I had 4.4.2 kitkat CM11 rom installed on it.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    After holding off on the S4 (have a S3), me and Mrs IBM ( first smartphone for her) are waiting for Verizon to ship us our S5's on the 11th.

Dropping my unlimited internet in favor of unlimited talk since I only average 1.12 gig a month, rather pay a random net overage than the
    minute overage I pay almost every month since I'm no longer deliver beer, and now driving daily to the Chicago rail yards, then back to Indy.
    Because of that, I'm on the phone a ton with the wife and friends, thank goodness for my Blue Parrot headset.

Top Bottom