• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    So who got the Note 7 today when it came out?

I've got the Note 4, and am due for an upgrade. Two of my off road buddies got the Note 7 today and they seem to like it. (We all like our stuff when it's new.) I will say the camera on the 7 is way better than the one on mine, and I like that you can put in a memory card with the little drawer. No benefit to the screen going all the way to the edge for me. I always put my phones in a protective case.

Is an Android phone considered to be better/worse than an I-phone, or just different? I like the way androids work, but I like I-tunes for music.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    New video out by a tester on YouTube shows the Gorilla Glass screen is very easily scratched. I'd avoid it until it's fixed. Google it, it's all over the net.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So who got the Note 7 today when it came out?

I've got the Note 4, and am due for an upgrade. Two of my off road buddies got the Note 7 today and they seem to like it. (We all like our stuff when it's new.) I will say the camera on the 7 is way better than the one on mine, and I like that you can put in a memory card with the little drawer. No benefit to the screen going all the way to the edge for me. I always put my phones in a protective case.

Is an Android phone considered to be better/worse than an I-phone, or just different? I like the way androids work, but I like I-tunes for music.

1st of all, are you on Verizon? I'm interested in buying your Note 4 if so.

Love my Note 4 on ATT. Would love to have another for the other line.

The stuff I read on the Note 7 has a deal breaker for me. The same as N5 and N6, no removable battery. I have yet to have a Samsung smart phone that didn't need a new battery every year.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have had every Note Version up till this one. My son still uses my old Note 2. I keep getting pestered to upgrade . I love the Notes. So I too am also eager to see what others think of the new one.

Tagged for interest.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well the note 5 took away the battery and sd card.

Note 7 returns the sd card,

Maybe Note 8 will return the battery.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well the note 5 took away the battery and sd card.

Note 7 returns the sd card,

Maybe Note 8 will return the battery.

If this is to be the case, I think (sadly) we'll have to hope for the sales to be poor. Samsung already knows very well that there is a contingency of us wanting the replaceable battery back. It's not just me, some of the first commentary I've read on these new Notes is this issue.

I fear they'll hold out as long as they can to try to keep the new phone's as disposable as possible. Whereas folks like me tend to treat our expensive pocket computer as a 4-5 year investment.

Reverend Dreed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    new hope
    I am going into the phone store today to upgrade my samsung s4 It is about done for. My boss pays for this line and he is complaining that when he calls me it goes straight to voicemail about half the time, (this just started happening in the last few weeks). I am going to look at the s 6. He and one co worker have I phones but in my house there have been way to many dead I phones for me to even consider one. My personal phone is a s 5 samsung and it seems to work quite well but I only turn it on for weekend use when I am not working.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I am going into the phone store today to upgrade my samsung s4 It is about done for. My boss pays for this line and he is complaining that when he calls me it goes straight to voicemail about half the time, (this just started happening in the last few weeks). I am going to look at the s 6. He and one co worker have I phones but in my house there have been way to many dead I phones for me to even consider one. My personal phone is a s 5 samsung and it seems to work quite well but I only turn it on for weekend use when I am not working.

This sounds more like a feature than a bug

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I went from a note 3 to note 5 in December.
    So far the battery and no SD card have not been a problem.
    I'm not sure what has changed from the note 5 to the note 7.
    There is no note 6, they skipped it and the note 8 is a tablet, I have it also.

As far as the screen being soft, I use a glass screen protector.
    You can also get a case with a battery built into it, I have a 10000mha battery for my Note 3, I only used it when I was going to be away from power for a long time.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    1st of all, are you on Verizon? I'm interested in buying your Note 4 if so.

Love my Note 4 on ATT. Would love to have another for the other line.

The stuff I read on the Note 7 has a deal breaker for me. The same as N5 and N6, no removable battery. I have yet to have a Samsung smart phone that didn't need a new battery every year.

Yes we are Verizon. I have noticed less battery life lately.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington

I've had this issue over a year.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Yes we are Verizon. I have noticed less battery life lately.

Intersting. I have a Note 4 that is used substantially the same way, day in and day out during the work week. After the last Android update several weeks ago ( you can only put them off so long before Android chooses to do them for you ) I noticed faster battery rundown (even after I restored my personal settings that the update had disturbed) and more data usage while the phone was idling. I went thru and killed off a few apps and its almost back to the way it was.

Yay. Progress.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've had this issue over a year.

Call will go straight to voicemail if phone is off, or more likely in your case if the system cannot see (find) the phone at the time of the incoming call. A text will be stored on the host computer until it can be delivered but the call is realtime so voicemail is the only option. Start checking signal strength if there are particular areas/environments where the problem is more prevalent.

The kicker will be if the voicemail is delivered shortly after you move to an area of strong signal.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Had my S4 (Verizon) plugged in on the dash navigating my way to a meet. It overheats, when turned back on leads me to the wrong destination, then quits all together. I had it figured for dead.

It worked when I got home, so I figured it was time to put a new (the third) battery in. The factory Samsung battery I replaced was swelled. I assume that was the issue, a bit more time will tell.

Reverend Dreed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    new hope
    well I made the 70 mile round trip and came home with my old phone. it seems the bluegrass cell has changed their policy and one can only talk to a commercial accounts rep for business accounts. The commercial accounts reps do not work weekends, only the hours that I am at work so no phone for me. The last time I went in I picked up 5 phones in about 1/2 hr, time to get a new carrier for the work phones and shut of my personal phone too.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I went from a note 3 to note 5 in December.
    So far the battery and no SD card have not been a problem.
    I'm not sure what has changed from the note 5 to the note 7.
    There is no note 6, they skipped it and the note 8 is a tablet, I have it also.

As far as the screen being soft, I use a glass screen protector.
    You can also get a case with a battery built into it, I have a 10000mha battery for my Note 3, I only used it when I was going to be away from power for a long time.

Interesting, I just checked the version of my newest Note, it's a 5. I thought I had a 6. I was trying to figure out why I didn't have a 6 duh.. there is no 6! At least I didn't miss anything ;-)

All my Note's' still work. And all still have the original batteries. My Note 2 was bought within a month or two of when they were first release. I have had no issues. I have Otterboxes for all of them. I have been passing my older Notes down the list as I upgrade. People seem to loose and break phones on my plan. Dad gets the new phone and low person on the list gets the oldest phone. So far no one has killed a Note. If my son can't break one they must be good!

I am so tempted to get the 7. TBH, I did not notice a big difference between the last 2 versions. But my Note 2 is long in the tooth. It's battery is not as good as it use to be. There are no more updates. It has serve me and my family well. It's time to think about using it as a spare.

Let me know what you guys think of the Note 7. If it is nice I might just grab one. The battery and the SD card are not a deal breaker for me either way.

Top Bottom