• ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Quoted directly from the article:

"But the shop has long been a thorn in the side of the city's aggressive advocates of gun control. City Supervisor Mark Farrell, who publicly requested that the city attorney’s office draft the new restrictions two months ago, said “easy access to guns and ammunition continue to contribute to senseless violent crime here in San Francisco and across the country.”
    “Even though San Francisco has some of the toughest gun control laws on the books in the country - there is more we can do to protect the public,” he said in a statement before introducing the package."

So I take it that the day after closing this last vestige of raw violence that daisies will miraculously sprout in the gutted carcass of the store, violence will suddenly cease and they'll all be dancing naked in the streets???:dunno:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So I take it that the day after closing this last vestige of raw violence that daisies will miraculously sprout in the gutted carcass of the store, violence will suddenly cease and they'll all be dancing naked in the streets???:dunno:

I'm pretty sure that last part already happens on a daily basis. :dunno:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A distraction to keep the locals entertained while leadership fills it's pockets from the public purse.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    There must be a reason why they don't just relocate outside the city limits.

I would tend to think that the owner is ready to retire and he has no children or family that are interested in running or buying the business. I would tend to believe that the firearm business in SF is good for the one store that's left, but the juice is not worth the squeeze..

He's just letting everyone know the BS that citizens have to go through to buy a firearm with his exodus of the gun business.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    There must be a reason why they don't just relocate outside the city limits.

Maybe getting across a state line would be a better option? Getting out of Commiefornia altogether would seem to make more sense to me--set up a new shop say 100 feet outside of the hellhole state and sell to non-Commiefornians with none of their red tape and BS to hinder a legitimate business. Close enough to the state line to thumb noses at the entire state...

And on another note, I sincerely hope San Fran gets blacklisted by ALL firearms dealers... NOT the general public mind you, just the city and all its employees. It seems only fair to me that if no law-abiding residents of that illustrious city can buy firearms in the city, NOBODY should be able to do so. That of course would mean that magically ALL gun-related violence would come to a screeching halt and police would no longer need to have such repugnant and inherently evil guns either. Let's see how THAT works out for them.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Just watched CBS late night news do a story about this, and that smug Mark Farrell douchebag was on camera, looking like the cat that just got the canary.
    Made me want to put my size 12 right in the middle of that face.:xmad:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Too bad manufacturers didn't stop selling to municipalities like that

Agreed... would be great to see their police, etc have to carry mace and batons because no manufacturer/distributor would provide them any firearms.

Reading that article just seemed like there was no way it could be in the US...

The breaking point came this summer when a local politician proposed a law that would require High Bridge Arms to record every gun sale on video and hand in a weekly report of ammunition sales to the police, store manager Steve Alcairo said. The shop has 17 cameras as it is, and turns video over to police on request, he told Fox News.

It just seems that these laws would be ripe for a challenge.

Top Bottom