• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I'm with the same opinion as to them being a little late but they have a couple things going for them.

They don't suffer from generic AR look

The long action rifles are a side charger, not a benefit IMO but kinda neat to see

And they don't come with stock/crappy furniture. They at least attempted to dress it up and not need a lot of extras. I'm curious if Savage is making the barrels or if they're outsourced.

TacticalFun

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Goshen
    At the gander mountain. They have every model. The 6.5 hunter is 1100. The long range models are 1800. I might leave with one.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    While I dont mind how the metal parts look (blackhawk would get tossed), and I like the side charging handle (I like FALs a lot), Savage kinda screwed up. I used to drool over the side charger uppers sold by WOA. If they were to get into AR's this late in the game they really needed something that screamed "you are getting a stupid accurate/reliable rifle for less than the (pick one) top competitor." I bought a savage bolt gun with the understanding it was more accurate out of the box than a 700, and much more accurate than me. I was sold on quality and value. As Seedubs stated, it doesnt read that way. Too many killer options that are boringly reliable and plenty accurate for the money.
    A 308 at a decent price could be a seller though.

I could be way off base though, Its been a long day....

Top Bottom