• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter46140

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Ive got a Savage mod 12 in 6.5 Creedmoor and a vortex scope on top. I like the original stock it comes with but I need a cheek riser to be centered in the scope. I like the idea of the Karsten cheek riser but I’m not sure if I like the idea of drilling my stock. Does anyone have any ideas or have any experience with this cheek riser?? Also I’m interested in converting it to having a removable mag. Any suggestions on how to approach this??

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    If that's the 12FV "Cabelas Exclusive" that stock is hollow. They aren't as bad as the old tupperware stocks but, if you take the recoil pad off, you will find a small piece of styrofoam is in there for no apparent reason. The only problem I'd see with drilling it is getting the holes in the correct location and using appropriate fasteners. You'd probably have to epoxy a nut on the inside.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I have 3 of them. .223, .22-250, and .204. All bench guns and they all shoot pretty well. I've filled the butt stock of each one with Bondo just to add weight.

Top Bottom